'Journalling' has become a bit of a buzz word these days and with good reason. There are stacks of benefits to the age-old practice, from boosting mental health to helping us identify and achieve goals and so much more.
One of the great uses for journalling is cracking open creativity, which can come in super handy if you're a writer (or aspiring to be). But taking pen to paper in a totally unstructured way can be daunting... and that's where this workshop comes in.
In this one-hour session, we will:
* Go through the background and basics of journalling – why it's worth doing and how it can benefit the writing process (not to mention other perks of the practice)
* Look at how journalling can help you get inspired and get you into the creative headspace
* Explore some different journalling techniques (yes, there are a bunch of different ways to journal!) so you can find a way that works for you
* Get down to business and DO some journalling.
Ready to journey into journalling, crack open creativity and lift your writing game right the heck up? Book now and let's do this!
What you will learn
- Learn how journalling can help you unlock the creativity within (yes, we've got it in there!) , discover different methods to find the one that works for you and have a crack at some prompts to get those juices flowing!
What you will get
- Participants will receive an exclusive workbook/journal (PDF via email) ahead of the class filled with tips, tricks, techniques and other helpful bits 'n' pieces, along with journal prompts and space for writing..
What to bring
- Bring a pen and a notebook and/or print out your class workbook (emailed prior)... Plus whatever you like to drink (tea, wine, whatever!)
What to wear
No dress code – just come comfy.
Hi, I'm Alix – editor, writer, author and all-round boss lady at Edited Away, where I offer online writing classes, editing workshops, mentoring and more.
So, why learn from me? There are stacks of good reasons (and here are three of them...)
- I've been in the publishing industry for 16 years as an editor/deputy editor/fashion & beauty editor/features editor/chief subeditor/freelance writer for some of the country's biggest and best-known titles (think Cosmopolitan, Cleo, Dolly, Hello May, Who, OK!, Woman's Day, New Idea, Famous, Body + Soul, Escape, MindFood, Notebook, Harper's Bazaar, 10Daily... And the rest).
- I've also written countless SEO and lifestyle articles for some major Aussie brands and outlets, and continue to create content and edit for several big-name clients, including Dymocks, NIB, Simon & Schuster, Innoxa, Oz Hair & Beauty, In Essence, Restated Vintage, Sheike, James Lane...
- I've ghostwritten and edited four books (including a couple that have made bestseller lists). Book a class and I might accidentally let slip who I've written for (shhh...)
Basically, I know my stuff when it comes to writing and editing.
Whether you're a writer looking brush up your skills, an aspiring editor who needs to learn the ropes (or brush up on the basics), or just someone who likes to put pen to paper (literal or proverbial) but isn't sure where to start – I'm your gal. Book in now and let's journey together!
Want to see more? Visit editedaway.com
Cancellations & Refunds
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Edited Away requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Edited Away has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Edited Away does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Edited Away to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Edited Away, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Edited Away or organised by Edited Away must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Edited Away
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Edited Away unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Edited Away classes and events or on Edited Away premises. (For use of Edited Away marketing materials).
Edited Away requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Edited Away, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.