Launceston Freestyle Clinic
Freestyle Stroke Correction Clinic ($50)
A freestyle stroke correction clinic that helps swimmers and triathletes improve their technique and efficiency by using the latest stroke development techniques. Live filming and analysis mean you get to work on specific aspects of your stroke with regular feedback throughout the clinic. Both clinics are run by Head Coach Brenton Ford who has competed and coached at a National level with experience working with all levels of swimmers and triathletes from beginner to elite.
Underwater Filming and Analysis ($99)
You also have the option of having underwater filming done on the day, where Brenton will record you swimming from 4 different angles. You'll then be sent a full analysis of your stroke with specific things to focus on along with drills and exercises to help correct your stroke. Please allow 7 days for your analysis to be completed and sent to you via the Skillest app.
What you will learn
- The ideal body position for minimal drag and the key aspects of the stroke that help you achieve it and how to implement your new stroke changes into daily training even if you’re training on your own or with a squad.
- Why most swimmers struggle to find the ‘elusive’ catch and our step-by-step progression to help you significantly improve the most important part of freestyle (even if you’ve never been taught before).
What you will get
- A fun and valuable learning experience
What to bring
- Fins/flippers (we recommend DMC Elite fins)
- Front Snorkel (optional)
- Warm jacket or jumper
- Drink Bottle
- Snack/Food (optional)
- 2 pieces towels
What to wear
Swimmers and triathletes wanting to become faster, more efficient and confident in their swimming. Suitable for both adults, teenagers, and swimmers 12 years or older.
When swimmers and triathletes want to get faster in the water it’s not often a matter of training harder. Fitness can only take a person so far in swimming. The most effective way to increase speed and endurance is by improving your technique. We take the drills, techniques and training methods used by the best swimmers around the world and make them available to athletes of all levels.
A bit about Brenton:
- Australian National Age Finalist (400 IM, 200 Breaststroke, 200 IM)
- National Masters Record Holder
- Australian National Masters Coach of the Year (2012)
- Australian Masters National Championship Coach (2009, 2012, 2013)
These methods have been used with athletes and teams who have:
- Broken National and World Master’s records (Kelly Higgins, Jenny Bucknell, Brenton Ford plus many more)
- Made National swim teams (Sam Ashby)
- Competed in the Olympics in triathlon (Samantha Warriner, New Zealand)
- Won back-to-back National Master’s titles (Powerpoints MSC)
- Win open water races (Too many to mention!)
- Improved efficiency and smoothness of their stroke (you don’t have to be a top level swimmer to benefit from the materials)
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 3 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Effortless Swimming or organised by Effortless Swimming must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Effortless Swimming.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Effortless Swimming unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Effortless Swimming classes and events or on Effortless Swimming's premises. (For use of Effortless Swimming marketing materials).