Weekend of Printmaking
In this weekend long workshop, Emilie will teach you everything to get started and be autonomous in relief printmaking. You will learn to carve and print with lino, woodblock and rubber, all of which are part of the fun family of relief printmaking (big stamps!). We will learn how to add colour to our prints, by experimenting with reduction linocut, chine-collé and multi-plates woodblock. Finally, we'll print tote bags to discover the potential of textile printmaking with modular stamps creation!
What you get:
- a super fun introduction to relief printmaking and resources to keep learning!
- A material kit to print from home (carving tools, lino/wood & rubber plates, papers, inks, roller and bamboo printing barren)
- you own limited editions of prints (10 Japanese woodblock prints, 10 reduction linocut prints, 10 multi-plate woodblock prints and 3 tote bags printed with rubber stamps. Keep at the plates and stamps and print more at home!)
What to bring:
Clothes you don't mind getting dirty! Everything else is provided!
Lunch break of 45 minutes with plenty of options around in the city. Tea and biscuits provided in the workshop. Parking limited in the city, we recommend taking public transport. Then head to the third floor of the Nicholas building to find our nice workshop space! :)
Saturday 13th of February from 10am to 3pm: Morning: Japanese woodblock. Afternoon: Reduction linocut. Followed by 2 hours social sketching in the city (optional).
Sunday 14th of February from 10am to 4pm. Morning: multi-plates woodblock. Afternoon: Textile printmaking.
What you will learn
- Become autonomous in printing at home!
- all the basics of relief printmaking
What you will get
- A printmaking kit with everything to print at home (lino, wood and rubber plates, carving tools, ink, roller, paper, bamboo barren)
- your own limited edition of prints and printed tote bag
- A printmaking guide book by Emilie
Paid car park parking in the city. Best access by public transport: 1 minute walk from Flinders St Station!
What to wear
something you don't mind getting dirty
No experience requiered! Everyone Welcome (age 12+)!
Vendor since 2021
Emilie Walsh is an artist and educator working across media. Emilie teaches a range of art workshops in a fun and engaging way! After moving to Melbourne from France and completing her PhD from the Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne in 2020, Emilie is now working as a professional artist and tie her creative practice with education and public programs. All of Emilie's workshops are curated with passion to be really engaging and provide you with all the resources to keep creating at home! Drawing & printmaking, watercolour & collage, 3D modelling and printing, zines & comics, textile & clay are among Emilie's specialties. She also offer classes in glow-in-the-dark art or how to create your own viewmaster reel! Art for all!
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Emilie Walsh requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Emilie Walsh has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Emilie Walsh does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Emilie Walsh to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Emilie Walsh, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Emilie Walsh or organised by Emilie Walsh must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Emilie Walsh
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Emilie Walsh unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Emilie Walsh classes and events or on Emilie Walsh premises. (For use of Emilie Walsh marketing materials).
Emilie Walsh requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Emilie Walsh, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.