Based on the Tai Chi principles of alignment, balance and flow, the Chi Running® technique shifts the work of running to the centre of the body. Moving this way is highly efficient and protects the body from injury. Chi Running® is a mindful practice creates a deep sense of physical presence and a clear connection to your body in motion.
Your body is designed for effortless motion, spontaneity and joy. Injury, pain or suboptimal performance are signs of an imbalance to your natural rhythm. In training your body to move with the Chi Running® principles of alignment, balance and flow you will tap into the sustainable energy that is innate to you.
This workshop is facilitated by Maggie Macgill, who is an accomplished Chi Running® and Pilates teacher with 17 years of international coaching experience. Maggie holds a degree in research methods, Masters level certification in Pilates and is a qualified life coach. Her clients have included sufferers of acute and chronic pain through to professional sportspeople, paralympians and Olympic gold medalists.
Pilates and Chi Running® are intelligent movement systems that harness the principles of alignment , balance and flow to reconnect you to your natural state of vitality. Maggie’s expert knowledge and customised application of these systems forms the basis of a powerful workshop that will leave you feeling refreshed, resilient, confident and motivated.
Duration: 2.5 Hours in person, 2 hours Skype and phone.
- How to run faster with less effort and stay injury free.
- How to synchronize your body and mind as you run.
- How to reduce physical and metal tension whilst running.
- Personalized feedback that gives you complete clarity on the areas you need to work on in your running.
- A clear understanding of your optimal running posture and how maintain it as you run.
- Skills to shift the work of running into the center of your body.
- Improved posture and heightened body awareness.
- Enhanced running performance.
- Pre workshop running needs analysis.
- Two Post Workshop Skype tutorials on the keys to effective training.
- A fun and rewarding coaching session with a small group of like minded runners in beautiful surrounds.
- Your enthusiasm!
Your comfortable workout clothes plus an extra layer for stretching and cool down.
Middle to long distance runners. New and returning runners. Injured runners. Students and teachers of Pilates and yoga. Health care practitioners. Coaches. Mindful athletes.
Vendor sincce 2016
WHY WASTE TIME RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES, PUSHING HARDER THAN YOU NEED TO WHEN YOU CAN WORK WITH A COACH WHO HAS THE SKILL AND EXPERIENCE TO BRING OUT THE BEST IN YOU.
Maggie is an accomplished Chi Running® and Pilates teacher with 17 years of international coaching experience. She also holds a degree in research methods, Masters level certification in Pilates and is a qualified life coach. Her clients have included sufferers of acute and chronic pain through to professional sportspeople, paralympians and Olympic gold medalists.