This two part workshop gives you the tools to anaylise your site, create a baseplan, design the layout of your garden and begin selecting plants that will suit your site and your taste.
Many people get overwhelmed when they look at their block of land and try to come up with a coherent plan for their garden. By understanding the basics of how to approach both your site and the process of design you will feel more confident and clear about how to create your perfect garden.
- Analyse your garden site
- Create a baseplan
- Create a basic garden design
- Create your own garden design
- Understand your site
- Get feedback on your plan
- Get help with getting started
- Conduct a real site analysis
- Learn how to use Googlemaps and the LAND channel to create your baseplan
- Help selecting the right plants for your garden
- Morning or afternoon tea made from local produce
- Notepad and pen
- Google Earth printout of your site (if possible)
- Site plan of your property (if you have one)
- Sturdy shoes as we will go outside
- Raincoat if weather requires
Vendor sincce 2015
We are a small, family run business creating a bushfood nursery and offering services in permaculture design and consulting and general garden design. The team consists of Claudia - Masters qualified horticulturist, garden designer and permaculture designer with a passion for plants and food - growing and eating - and Steve - a blacksmith/welder with extensive experience in landscaping, excavation and earthmoving and general construction with a passion for the Australian bush.
We run classes on a range of garden and food related topics including bushfoods, heirloom produce, children's garden, therapeutic horticulture and garden design basics. We will be adding more classes to Weteachme very soon.
In the event that there are insufficient enrolments for any class to go ahead, all enrollees who have booked and paid for a particular class will be eligible to attend the same class on an alternative date or have any money paid credited towards attending another class with Forgotten Foods.