This workshop is designed primarily for teachers of pre-school to high school students or for anyone interested in learning more about the importance of nature in healthy childhood development and how they can implement these ideas in their own education centre or home garden.
- The power of nature on mind, body and childhood development
- How well designed children's gardens can facilitate healthy development
- The elements that make for great children's playscapes
- An insight into the physiological and psychological effects of contact with nature
- An understanding of the importance of nature and natural elements to healthy childhood development
- Ideas on how to create healthy, natural playscapes
- An understanding on the importance of appropriate risk in healthy childhood development
- Course materials to use in their own planning
- Morning/afternoon tea break
- Notepad and pen
- Sturdy shoes as we will go outside
- Raincoat if weather requires
Vendor since 2015
We are a small, family run business creating a bushfood nursery and offering services in permaculture design and consulting and general garden design. The team consists of Claudia - Masters qualified horticulturist, garden designer and permaculture designer with a passion for plants and food - growing and eating - and Steve - a blacksmith/welder with extensive experience in landscaping, excavation and earthmoving and general construction with a passion for the Australian bush.
We run classes on a range of garden and food related topics including bushfoods, heirloom produce, children's garden, therapeutic horticulture and garden design basics. We will be adding more classes to Weteachme very soon.
In the event that there are insufficient enrolments for any class to go ahead, all enrollees who have booked and paid for a particular class will be eligible to attend the same class on an alternative date or have any money paid credited towards attending another class with Forgotten Foods.