Have you ever been curious about what indigenous Australian's really ate over the 100 000 year period they have been on this continent? Discover the amazing diversity of edible plants that grow throughout Australia and how these made up a vital part of the diet of the First Australians and find out how some of these food plants can benefit you through their outstanding nutritional properties.
You will learn how to recognise certain edible plants in the wild as well as how you can integrate these plants into your own garden so you can enjoy harvesting your own Australian flavours.
And most importantly you will learn how you can use bushfoods in the kitchen to add new flavours and ideas to your cooking repertoire.
- Learn about the history of Australian bushfoods
- Learn how to grow your own bushfoods
- Learn how to use bushfoods in your everyday cooking.
- An understanding of the diversity of Australian food plants
- An insight into the nutritional benefits of Australian bushfood plants
- Information on how to grow bushfoods in your own garden
- Tips and recipes on using bushfoods in your kitchen
- The opportunity to taste a range of fresh bushfoods
- The opportunity to sample dishes using bushfood flavours
- Notepad and pen
- Sturdy shoes as we may go outside
Vendor since 2015
We are a small, family run business creating a bushfood nursery and offering services in permaculture design and consulting and general garden design. The team consists of Claudia - Masters qualified horticulturist, garden designer and permaculture designer with a passion for plants and food - growing and eating - and Steve - a blacksmith/welder with extensive experience in landscaping, excavation and earthmoving and general construction with a passion for the Australian bush.
We run classes on a range of garden and food related topics including bushfoods, heirloom produce, children's garden, therapeutic horticulture and garden design basics. We will be adding more classes to Weteachme very soon.
In the event that there are insufficient enrolments for any class to go ahead, all enrollees who have booked and paid for a particular class will be eligible to attend the same class on an alternative date or have any money paid credited towards attending another class with Forgotten Foods.