Term 2 - From 16 April to 29 June - 10 weeks course
1.5 hours per week during 10 weeks.
We offer several classes for beginners:
- Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/ Saturday: from 10am to 11.30am OR 11.30 to 1pm
- Monday/ Tuesday/ Wednesday: from 6pm to 7.30 pm OR 7.30 to 9pm
This course is an introduction to the study of French for all beginners, whether they speak very little to no French or need to start over from scratch.
The course covers the basic points of French grammar.
The students will concentrate on four aspects of communication:
- oral expression (speaking )
- oral comprehension (listening)
- and reading on a basic level.
They will acquire basic knowledge of French culture.
Attention is given to correct pronunciation of French, with special emphasis on sounds that may be difficult for native speakers of English.
No textbooks are needed for this course.
Maximum 8 students in beginner class!
- Introduce yourself (name, profession, nationality) and ask personal questions
- Use common greetings/good-byes and numbers
- Learn expression to express yourself about what you like and dislike
- Small group of students for individual attention
- Immerse yourself in a French class each week and learn the basics to introduce yourself and tap about what you like and dislike
- Develop your listening, speaking, reading comprehension and writing through interactive activities and games
- Learn in a fun, social and engaging group classes
- Get a booklet each week with the lesson and exercice
- Just bring a notebook, a pen and your smile!
Vendor since 2017
All of our teachers are native French speakers and have a Bachelor’s Degree Certificate in French as a Foreign Language. They have been teaching in different schools (language schools, colleges and Alliance Francaise) in Melbourne.
We like to take a communicative approach to our teaching. We focus on designing interactive and enjoyable lessons that help learners of all ages to improve their skills and gain confidence in using French for effective communication.
Your place in a course is secured upon receipt of details (name, contact, course) and full paymen t of fees. Due to the small size of our classrooms, places in a course are held strictly in order of receipt of above.
You may make up missed classes by attending another class in that week for no extra charge. There are no guarantees that the exact class will be available. This must be arranged in advance - please contact us by email.
Refunds are not possible under any circumstances once a course has started. In the case that numbers are insufficient for a course to proceed, and a suitable alternative course is not an option, a full refund will be given.
Refunds are not possible for missed classes, starting a course late or leaving a course before the end of the Term.
Withdrawal from a course if made before 12pm midday Friday in the week preceding commencement of Term will incur an administrative fee of 15% (of the current full course fee). No refund will be given if you request to withdraw on or after 12pm midday Friday in the week preceding commencement of Term.
Cancellation of Classes
If a class does not reach the minimum number of students, FRENCH Space reserves the right to cancel a class at any time, or to offer the class for a shorter number of hours. See Small Classes below for minimum numbers. All efforts will be made to contact students affected in good time to make arrangements. This includes the offer of a free transfer to another course in the same or following Term, or a full refund.
Our classes are small with a maximum of 10 students. A minimum of 6 students is required for a class to go ahead. For classes with less than 6 students, FRENCH Space may offer the course at a reduced length, ie: 80% for 4 students and 70% for 3 students.
No classes will be held on public holidays. Classes that fall on public holidays may be rescheduled, and if not, an alternative class suggested.
PRIVATE AND SHARED CLASSES
Cancellation PolicyA 24-hour cancellation notice is required for all lessons.