Have you ever wanted to learn how to break down pig carcass?
Well, this is the class for you! Gary will walk you through the process of breaking down pig carcass into its primal cuts, whilst covering all the minor details that up until now were a mystery. It will then be your turn to seize the knife, steel, and saw to break down your own carcass, gaining a world of knowledge in three short hours.
Further, you'd be breaking down a Rare Bread Greta Valley Free Range Pig!
This class is a ‘hands on’ experience and numbers are limited to four so you get all of Gary’s attention and don’t miss a thing. Enquire today for course schedule details.
- How to use a butcher's knife, steel, and saw to break down your own pig carcass
- How to break down carcass into its primal cuts
- Learn about all the minor details that up until now were a mystery
- A butcher’s knife and apron
- Take home half a Greta Valley pig which you have prepared throughout the evening
- 20% discount on Gary's Quality Meats products (available only for the night, immediately after class)
Vendor sincce 2013
Nobody knows meat better than Gary McBean. A fourth generation butcher who grew up in a butcher shop, Gary is a Master Butcher and an expert in choosing, cutting and preparing meat.
In 1975, Gary established his own business Gary’s Quality Meats, which has fast become a thriving retail and wholesale operation. Now based in the Prahran Market, Gary prides himself on providing quality meats and unparalleled customer service.
Gary also has a passion for teaching others the skills required to break down their own meat and choose the most suitable cuts for the cooking methods they prefer. His enthusiasm for doing the job the right way and teaching others from his many years experience as a Master Butcher is obvious.
As Gary says "If you want to get the best results from your cooking, start with the best ingredients, prepared the correct way, and you’ll get the outcome you’re looking for".