Designed to introduce the Professional coffee brewer into the core skills and equipment required to produce great brewed coffee. This coffee brewing course tests the ability to navigate the Coffee Brewing Control Chart, and understand how to plot the required points.
What you will learn:
- How to obtain the ideal brew from different roast levels
- How to use and chart by-pass
- How grind size impacts taste and extraction
- How to brew and chart different yields at the same strength
- How to brew and chart different strengths with the same yield
- How to brew and chart coffee at different temperatures
- How cold brewing impacts flavour
- About various acids in coffee
- About water chemistry and water treatment
- About holding temperature and times
- The influence of roast level on brewed coffee
- How to use and chart bypass
- Water chemistry and water treatment
- Access to the world’s leading coffee education program
- Detailed course notes
- Participants who successfully complete the practical & written exams will receive internationally recognised certification, and earn points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
- Your interest to learn!
Pre-requisites: Holding the SCA Brewing Intermediate certification for a minimum of 3 months is a mandatory pre-requisite. SCA Introduction to Coffee & SCA Barista Intermediate are recommended.
Vendor sincce 2016
Genovese Coffee has been in coffee for 3 generations, and we have over 60 years of experience.
Our easy to understand, and practical Barista training courses are led by award winning, highly experienced, and internationally certified professionals. We have Australia’s leading training facility, with state of the art espresso, brew bar, and roasting equipment located close to Melbourne’s CBD. Our Barista training courses are ideal for new or experienced Baristas, as well as those who want to improve their home espresso. You can choose from a range of basic courses as well as internationally certified courses. Our Barista training courses have practical detailed theory, and hands on components. We also offer the world’s only internationally recognised coffee education program – The Specialty Coffee Association Coffee Diploma System. The SCA Roasting; Sensory Skills; Green Coffee; Barista Skills; Brewing; and Introduction to Coffee modules are now available for existing industry professionals, or those who aspire to work in leading Specialy Coffee businesses.
We understand that in various circumstances, you may need to reschedule or canel your booking.
Courses may be rescheduled. Gift Cards are non-refundable.
Barista Fundamentals courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Refunds (less any booking fees) are available with a minimum of 7 days notice.
Minimum 48 hours notice - No rescheduling fee. ($50 cancellation fee if less than 48 hours notice.)
Less than 48 hours notice - $50 rescheduling fee. (No cancellations available with less than 48 hours notice.)
SCAE Courses, and Prepare & Serve Espresso Coffee Courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Refunds (less any booking fees) or rescheduling (without fee) are available with a minimum of 14 days notice.
However, due to the materials preparation for these courses, the following fees apply for cancellations or rescheduling within 14 days of your course.
Minimum 7 days notice - $100 rescheduling or cancellation fee .
Minimum 48 hours notice - $200 rescheduling or cancellation fee.
No cancelling or rescheduling is available with less than 48 hours notice.
Thank you for your understanding.