This brewing course is designed to introduce the novice into the core skills and equipment required to produce great brewed coffee. Pre-requisites: SCA Introduction to Coffee is recommended.
What you will learn:
- Information of different coffee species, origins, processes and roasts
- Brewing ratios for SCA Gold Cup standards
- The basics on the effect of grind size, brewing time, temperature and turbulence
- The importance of quality water for brewed coffee
- How to brew correctly with at least 2 methods (e.g. V60, French Press, Chemex, Syphon)
What you get:Access to the world’s leading coffee education programDetailed course notesParticipants who successfully complete the optional exams will receive internationally recognised certification, and earn points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
This class starts at 9am, and is finished by 4:30pm.
- How to brew correctly with at least 2 manual brewing methods (e.g. V60, French Press, Chemex, Syphon), to SCAE Gold Cup Standard
- The basics on the effect of grind size, brewing time, temperature & turbulence.
- Information on different species, origins, processes, and roasts.
- Access to the world’s leading coffee education program
- Detailed course notes
- Participants who successfully complete the optional exams will receive internationally recognised certification, and earn points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
- Your interest to learn!
Anyone interested in manual brewing. Pre-requisites: SCAE Introduction to Coffee is recommended.
Vendor sincce 2016
Genovese Coffee has been in coffee for 3 generations, and we have over 60 years of experience.
Our easy to understand, and practical Barista training courses are led by award winning, highly experienced, and internationally certified professionals. We have Australia’s leading training facility, with state of the art espresso, brew bar, and roasting equipment located close to Melbourne’s CBD. Our Barista training courses are ideal for new or experienced Baristas, as well as those who want to improve their home espresso. You can choose from a range of basic courses as well as internationally certified courses. Our Barista training courses have practical detailed theory, and hands on components. We also offer the world’s only internationally recognised coffee education program – The Specialty Coffee Association Coffee Diploma System. The SCA Roasting; Sensory Skills; Green Coffee; Barista Skills; Brewing; and Introduction to Coffee modules are now available for existing industry professionals, or those who aspire to work in leading Specialy Coffee businesses.
We understand that in various circumstances, you may need to reschedule or canel your booking.
Courses may be rescheduled. Gift Cards are non-refundable.
Barista Fundamentals courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Refunds (less any booking fees) are available with a minimum of 7 days notice.
Minimum 48 hours notice - No rescheduling fee. ($50 cancellation fee if less than 48 hours notice.)
Less than 48 hours notice - $50 rescheduling fee. (No cancellations available with less than 48 hours notice.)
SCAE Courses, and Prepare & Serve Espresso Coffee Courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Refunds (less any booking fees) or rescheduling (without fee) are available with a minimum of 14 days notice.
However, due to the materials preparation for these courses, the following fees apply for cancellations or rescheduling within 14 days of your course.
Minimum 7 days notice - $100 rescheduling or cancellation fee .
Minimum 48 hours notice - $200 rescheduling or cancellation fee.
No cancelling or rescheduling is available with less than 48 hours notice.
Thank you for your understanding.