This brewing course is designed to introduce the novice into the core skills and equipment required to produce great brewed coffee. Pre-requisites: SCA Introduction to Coffee is recommended.
What you will learn:
- Basic information of different coffee species, origins, processes and roasts
- Brewing ratios for SCA Gold Cup standards
- The brewing steps for the 6 different brewing methods
- The basics on the effect of grind size, brewing time, temperature and turbulence
- The importance of quality water for brewed coffee
- How to apply your brewing skills to at least 2 manual methods (e.g. V60, French Press, Aeropress), and and auto brewer.
What you get:Access to the world’s leading coffee education programDetailed course notesParticipants who successfully complete the optional exams will receive internationally recognised certification, and earn points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
- How to brew correctly with at least 2 manual brewing methods (e.g. V60, French Press, Chemex, Syphon), to SCAE Gold Cup Standard
- The basics on the effect of grind size, brewing time, temperature & turbulence.
- Information on different species, origins, processes, and roasts.
- Access to the world’s leading coffee education program
- Detailed course notes
- Participants who successfully complete the optional exams will receive internationally recognised certification, and earn points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
- Your interest to learn!
Anyone interested in manual brewing. Pre-requisites: SCAE Introduction to Coffee is recommended.
Vendor since 2016
Genovese Coffee has been in coffee for 3 generations, and we have over 60 years of experience.
Our easy to understand, and practical Barista training courses are led by award winning, highly experienced, and internationally certified professionals. Our training facility is a certified SCA Premier Training Campus, with state of the art espresso, brew bar, and roasting equipment located close to Melbourne’s CBD. Our Barista training courses are ideal for new or experienced Baristas, as well as those who want to improve their home espresso. You can choose from a range of basic courses as well as internationally certified courses. Our Barista training courses have practical detailed theory, and hands on components. We also offer the world’s only internationally recognised coffee education program – The Specialty Coffee Association Coffee Skills Program. The SCA Roasting; Sensory Skills; Green Coffee; Barista Skills; Brewing; and Introduction to Coffee modules are now available for existing industry professionals, or those who aspire to work in leading Specialy Coffee businesses.
Genovese Coffee Refund Policy
We appreciate your choice of Genovese Coffee for your coffee education, and our course pricing reflects the following:
- The quality of the training provided.
- Pre-class preparation.
- The quality of the equipment & the cost of materials used.
- Small class sizes.
- The ongoing development of our trainers.
Once your booking is confirmed and your payment is cleared, we begin the process of preparing your class. Although we understand events or illness may require that you reschedule or cancel your booking, our refund and rescheduling policy reflects the costs incurred in the preparation of the scheduled class.
Please note: Booking fees are non-refundable.
Barista Fundamentals Course - Cancellation & Rescheduling
Barista Fundamentals courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Refunds (less any booking fees) are available with a minimum of 7 days notice.
Minimum 48 hours notice - No rescheduling fee. ($50 cancellation fee if less than 48 hours notice.)
Less than 48 hours notice - $50 rescheduling fee. (No cancellations available with less than 48 hours notice.)
SCA Coffee Skills Program Courses - Cancellation & Rescheduling.
SCA CSP Courses courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Course fees are fully refundable if training is cancelled at least 14 days prior to course commencement.
A $150 cancellation fee is deducted from refunds for cancellations received less than 14 days prior to course commencement.
No cancellation is available with less than 2 business days’ notice, however you may reschedule with applicable rescheduling fees.
No fee is applicable if rescheduling is requested at least 14 days prior to course commencement.
A $150 rescheduling fee is applicable if rescheduling is requested less than 14 days prior to course commencement
Thank you for your understanding.