Viking Knit Bracelet
Hi there, and welcome to the Viking Knit Bracelet Class.
This ancient weave has been documented as early as the mid- 8th century and is still used widely today because of its coiled grace.
Today we'll be weaving our own Viking knit bracelets that are sure to impress your family and friends, so come join me at Gilded Poppy Makery for a fun day exploring the ancient craft of Viking Knit.
What you will learn
- This is a great intro to working with wire! We'll get comfy with the tools we'll be using, and get a feel for how to work with the wire, so you're not fighting each other all the way through the project!
What you will get
- You'll be with me from 10am to 5:30pm (unless you're all speedy and we finish up earlier!) so I'll have morning tea ready for you when you get here. Coffee and tea are available for you at anytime, and when we break for lunch, there are a number of cafes and eateries nearby, or you can bring your own lunch if you prefer.
What to bring
- Just yourself! A full kit of materials is included in your class fee, and tools will be provided.
What to wear
This is a no-fire day at the Makery, so anything you’d be comfy in for the day is fine. A suggestion though would be to avoid tailing sleeves that can get caught up in the work, and to keep rings and bracelets to snag-free pieces.
This is an open beginner class, available to those from years 16 and up.
Welcome to the home of Gilded Poppy Makery, a fun, relaxing place to learn the art of Silversmithing.
Here you will meet new friends as you take raw materials and turn them into beautiful pieces of jewellery that will thoroughly impress your friends and family.
Small, intimate classes of no more than five people ensure plenty of one-on-one time with Storm as you put your new skills to the test creating a wide range of projects including rings, earrings, cuffs, bracelets and pendants.
The various classes will cover techniques such as Soldering, Pierce-work, Filing and Finishing, Stone Setting, Fold-forming, Etching, Enamelling, Metal Clay, Kumihimo Cord Making, Viking knit, Wire Wrapping, Bone Carving and so much more. It's fair to say that there is something for everyone, and you won't be bored any time soon!
Book into your class today and bring a friend or two. With a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 people, these classes are perfect way to escape from the daily rat-race for yourself, or as a crafty get-together with friends.
Gilded Poppy Makery is a warm, inclusive place where learning is fun and mistakes are celebrated as 'Design Features' (we have a sticker with that very thing on it!). Bring your curiosity and a sense of humour and join us at the workbench.
I'm looking forward to meeting you all,
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Gilded Poppy requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Gilded Poppy has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Gilded Poppy does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Gilded Poppy to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Gilded Poppy, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Gilded Poppy or organised by Gilded Poppy must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Gilded Poppy
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Gilded Poppy unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Gilded Poppy classes and events or on Gilded Poppy premises. (For use of Gilded Poppy marketing materials).
Gilded Poppy requires 48 hours notice in writing via email prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Gilded Poppy, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.