Now accepting bookings for Term 4. Term 4 begins on the 11th of October and runs for 11 weeks. Bring a friend and receive 10% off!
This class introduces our artists to the exciting world of painting and drawing. Together we experiment with different materials including watercolours, ink, pencil, acrylics and more. Students will learn how to create depth, mix colours, create interesting compositions as well as building observational drawing skills.
Projects range from botanical illustration, portrait painting, collage, mindfulness based art making and projects inspired by well known artists and current exhibitions. Through a series of fun filled and exciting activities students will learn the many ways we can express our creativity and imagination!
Classes at Gloworm Studios are purposely kept small to enable our teachers to tailor activities to the individual needs of each student. At Gloworm Studios all students are treated like the true artists that they are, therefore we fully encourage and nurture each student's development of their unique personal style.
To enquire about this class don't hesitate to contact us via phone or email.
We accept enrolments at any time during the term. Term 4 runs from the 11th of October until the 20th of December. Bookings essential.
- Create depth, mix colours, create interesting compositions and build observational drawing skills.
- Create artwork using a variety of materials including watercolour paints, pastels, pencils, acrylic paints, collage and more.
- Learn about artists past and present and their different styles of painting and drawing.
- A fun filled weekly painting and drawing activity taught by a professional practising artist.
- A sketchbook for collecting inspiration and practising painting and drawing skills.
- Use of the high quality art materials.
- A chance to make new friends and explore creativity in a welcoming and encouraging studio setting.
- Just your enthusiasm!
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
Kids ages 5-8
Vendor sincce 2017
Gloworm Studios is a unique art school located in the heart of Northcote. Led by professional illustrator Marianna Marx, our programs specialise in painting, drawing and illustration. Our classes are kept small to make sure each student receives the quality attention they deserve. Gloworm Studios is a warm and nurturing environment where artists both young and young at heart are invited to immerse themselves in their creativity and imagination.
Marianna Marx has taught art alongside her illustration career for the past 10 years. Her experiences include working in the education department at the De Young Museum in San Francisco, an artist residency at Caulfield Grammar School, one on one art tutoring for children and adults, after school art classes, corporate workshops and working alongside artists with intellectual disabilities. Marianna has taken insight from each of these experiences to create an art school of her own where she can share her love for creative expression with others in her local community.