Golf Star Academy have developed a first touch programme introducing children to golf with modified equipment enabling lessons to take place outside of the golf course.
This unique system is dedicated to the development of new golfers that is both easy and fun to learn.
Our colourful targets, balls and equipment are designed for maximum enjoyment, whilst ensuring that children are continuing to learn golf specific skills.
These skills include grip and set up, putting, chipping, pitching and driving. A term based program will be completed with a modified game of golf incorporating all the skills learnt throughout the weekly lessons and basic shot selection processes.
Additionally, GSA not only covers Perceptual Motor Program (PMP) components: rotation, balance (stability), movement, manipulative skills and coordination, it also covers concepts in:
- Physical Education – gross and fine motor skills, spatial awareness and accuracy.
- Science – forces, inertia, acceleration and trajectory.
- Mathematics – numeracy, angles and measurement.
Classes are available for 5-12 year olds and older. Skill level may also be considered at the coach’s discretion when choosing the right class.
Upon competition of your trials, Golf Star Academy uniforms are compulsory.
When purchasing a uniform please specify your desired size in the 'Special Requirements' section of the booking form. We offer sizes Youth Medium (5 to 7 year olds), Youth Large (8 to 9 year olds), Youth XL (10 to 12 year olds), Small (13 to 16 year olds).
Important Information for Trial Bookings
YOU MUST contact head office immediately on 1300 372 300 upon completion of you trial should you NOT wish to CONTINUE with our program.
All trialist who DO NOT contact head office will be automatically enrolled into the FULL TERM (costs will be pro-rata).
Sessions: 45min session per week Term 3 2017 : Monday Lunchtime 24th July - 18th September
- Grip and set up, putting, chipping, pitching and driving
- Introducing children to golf with modified equipment
- Use of colourful targets, balls and equipment for maximum enjoyment
- Benefits related to perceptual motor skills, physical education, science and mathematics
- Just your kid's enthusiasm!
- Water bottle
- Can do attitude
Golf Star Academy Uniform
Kids ages 5-12
Vendor sincce 2015
"Failure happens all the time. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it". - Adam Scott. Australian golfer
Golf Star Academy has been established to provide young players with the opportunity to develop their golf skills, knowledge of the game and pave their way to becoming golf stars!
The GSA program builds on the child's enthusiasm for the game by making sessions fun while teaching, inspiring and challenging these young players. GSA creates a learning environment which enables young players to develop at their own rate.
Our unique program including colourful targets, balls and equipment covers skill development areas such as grip and setup, putting, chipping, pitching and driving. Additionally, our course includes Physical Education, Science and Mathematics.
The GSA programs are available in the form of weekly clinics, elite squad, holiday camps and one-on-one sessions. We cater for all ages and levels of ability.
By enrolling with Golf Star Academy for the term you have agreed to join our academy program. You will automatically be billed for the next coming term at the end of each current term. If you decide you do not wish to continue with your class you must contact Golf Star Academy by phone to cancel your booking.
Golf Star Academy operates a no-refund policy. Unless under extreme medical conditions. If for any reason you are not able to attend a session then a make up class can be made, if there are positions available in another class (we cannot guarantee a class). Arrangement must be made with Golf Star Academy prior to attending another class.
- I give permission for my child to attend and participate in all activities in the Golf Star Academy programme.
- By enrolling with Golf Star Academy for the term you have agreed to join our academy program and for us to store you payment details. You will automatically be charged for the next coming term at the end of each current term. If you decide you do not wish to continue with your class you must contact Golf Star Academy by phone to cancel your booking on 1300 372 300.
- You agree to be automatically charged every 12 months for the Annual Registration Fee. Should you wish to cancel your booking you will need to contact the Golf Star Academy head office by phone.
- Trial Bookings MUST contact head office immediately on 1300 372 300 upon completion of your last trial session should you NOT wish to CONTINUE with our program. All trialist who DO NOT contact head office will be automatically enrolled into the FULL TERM (costs will be pro-rata).
- All care and caution is taken at all times but as of mishap, Golf Star Academy cannot accept liability for any injury that may occur whilst participating in one of our coaching/education programmes.
- Parents/Guardians and children participate at their own risk and shall indemnify Golf Star Academy and its staff against all actions, suits, proceedings, demands, costs and expenses which may be taken or made against Golf Star Academy which may arise from injury, illness or mishap.
- Golf Star Academy cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to any personal belongings while attending one of our coaching/education programmes.
- Any medical conditions that a participant may have must be fully disclosed to Golf Star Academy.
- Golf Star Academy operates a no-refund policy. Unless under extreme medical conditions. If for any reason you are not able to attend a session then a make up class can be made, if there are positions available in another class (we cannot guarantee a class). Arrangement must be made with Golf Star Academy prior to attending another class.
- Golf Star Academy management may occasionally take photos or video footage for promotional purposes, so please advise management if you would not like your child’s image used in promotional purposes
Code of Conduct
- By taking part in the Golf Star Academy program you acknowledge and agree to this code of conduct, comprising the following rules and conditions, which provide for a safe and happy session, and which are designed to allow your child to benefit from participation, and to provide them with the greatest opportunity to reach their full potential.
- We adhere to the the Child Safe Standards through its policy, code of conduct, procedures and reporting of incidences and Health and Safety standards.
- Your child must wear suitable clothing and footwear. Children participating in the program must wear the Golf Star Academy uniform (not required on trial sessions) and no jewellery.
- All parents/guardians and children must stop any activity and listen carefully when the instructor is giving instructions. All parents/guardians will respect and co-operate with all instructor’s decisions. Golf Star Academy staff reserves the right to ask you to leave the premises should you fail to comply with any instruction given by our staff.
- All participants will respect and not wilfully or neglectfully damage the equipment used by Golf Star Academy For safety reasons, parents/guardians and children must keep away from any equipment that is not being used for the particular activity in progress.
- Video footage is not permitted. Photographs may be taken by those registered in our programs and are for personal use only. Golf Star Academy staff may use video footage or photographs for advertising on their web page and for other business activities at any time.
- No food or drinks are to be taken onto the learning surface. Parents/guardians are to have fluids (preferably water) readily available to give to their children should they require it.
- Golf Star Academy is free to use any testimonial made by its participants, parents or guardians.
- Golf Star Academy reserves the right to refuse admission to any person for any session for any reason. If requested by Golf Star Academy staff for whatever reason, parents/guardians and any children in their care must leave the session immediately. Additionally, Golf Star Academy reserves the right to cancel/deny a registration to any person for any reason.
- All parents/guardians and children will respect others in the class regardless of gender, culture, religion or ability. Parents/guardians and children in their care are enrolled at their own risk and you as the parent/guardian agree to indemnify Golf Star Academy and its staff from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, injury and/or damages which may arise from you or your child’s participation in any Golf Star Academy sessions.
- You give permission for your child to receive medical/ambulance attention in case of emergency and agree to pay any associated costs.
- Your child’s place is not secured until fees are paid in full. For new students, after the second trial has been completed, full payment of the terms fees must be made to secure your child’s place.
- All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If for any reason you are not able to attend a session then a make up class can be made. This must be arranged with Golf Star Academy management prior to the day of your preferred make up sessions (s), please call 1300 372 300 to organise your make up session. All make up sessions must be taken in the same term as the class you originally missed.
- If there are insufficient enrolments, another time may be offered or the class may not proceed.
- Golf Star Academy reserves the right to cancel a session if it is deemed unsafe to continue and at any time
In completing your registration details and enrolling in one of our programs, you acknowledge these terms and conditions and Code of Conduct.