- Duration: 2 days 10am - 4pm - 6 Hours per day
What You Will Learn
- Different brush holds together with stroke direction, pressure and speed
- Techniques and rules of the art and then how to break away from these to develop your own personal style.
- Learn a basic script and how to develop your rhythm and consistency
What You Get
- A range of special papers to ease you into the practice.
- Booklet containing a comprehensive set of notes & instructions
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher and professional calligrapher!
- Light refreshments - drinks, tea and chai and snacks
- A Brush pen to start you off
- A real pointed brush for using with water colour and gouache
- A kit with all the starter supplies you'll need, this is to keep Valued at $55
- Printed guide line papers for all sized brushes used
- Extras - variations of styles and layout ideas
This workshop is for beginners and intermediate students. Learn the basic script and how to develop your rhythm and consistency. Learn the different brush holds together with stroke direction, pressure and speed and how that all affects the line drawn with the pointed brush. You will be taught the techniques and rules of the art and then how to break away from these to develop your own personal style.
Lauchean will demonstrate the different approaches to handling the brush. See Lauchean giving loads of demonstrations on the basics in letter construction right through to inspiring & expressive flourishing. You will improve your confidence with this tool and discover it’s value by using it to write and draw.
In day one you will learn how to form letters and words using these strokes. Discover how blend watercolours with a water brush. Create a small artwork with your newfound skills.
In day two you will extend these skills to create style variations through changes to widths of letter, changes in weight, strokes, additions and decoration.
The pointed brush may be the most versatile lettering tool available today. It’s everywhere. Be cool, be fab, and have fun learning to use this tool with ease.
- Begin by getting to know the basic letter construction through the skeletal letter forms.
- Learn the different brush holds that are used and how they change the kind of type of stroke you make.
- Learn the basic strokes and the effect direction, pressure and speed all have on the line you make.
- Discover how blend watercolours with a water brush.
- Develop a feel and confidence through repeated practice. Get into the rhythm, gain fluidity and momentum.
- Find movement with music using gesture and improvised strokes.
- Build up speed, rhythm and movement.
- Learn how to draw the right ornaments and flourishes and how to integrate them into your layout.
- Create a beautiful layout for your brush lettering and flourishes. and how to integrate them into your layout.
- Discover what you can create with your newfound skills