Class is limited to 12 students and focuses in practising the 4 language skills: reading, listening, speaking, writing.
After being introduced to the Greek alphabet (letters and sounds), you will go through the following topics:
- Greetings; Introductions; Telling one’s name and asking for others’ names; Telling where one is from and asking others; Numbers 1-100.
- Telling where one lives and asking others.
- Expressing one’s mood/situation (well, bad, etc.) and asking others.
- Telling and asking for a telephone number
- Telling about one’s job and asking others.
- Family status, relationships, members of a family.
- Accentuation of words; The verb ‘to be’ and ‘to have’. The grammatical gender of nouns.
- Definite and Indefinite articles.
- Singular and plural number of nouns and verbs.
- Verbs of the 1st conjugation -Present tense.
- Personal pronouns, Possessive pronouns, Interrogative pronouns.
- Class is limited to 12 students and focuses in practising the 4 language skills: reading, listening, speaking, writing.
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher!
- A fun interactive learning experience!
- Books and companion notes required for this course at an extra cost of $80.00
Modern Greek for Beginners Modern Greek, Level A1*, Stage 1 (MG-A1.1)
Vendor since 2019
At GOCMV Modern Greek Language School for Adults we share a passion and genuine interest in the teaching and
promotion of the Greek language and culture.
Our teaching staff comprises of highly qualified and experienced teachers who are all native speakers of Greek.
Courses cover all levels of language competency, from basic to advanced. Students learn to speak, read, write and
understand Modern Greek in a stimulating and collaborative atmosphere. All levels are in accordance with the
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
We offer small classes of average 8 students to increase student engagement and achievement.
- Enrolments are non-refundable except for specific circumstances (e.g., sickness).
- Credit options are available in case of specific circumstances (e.g., sickness) to be used for another course in the next term(s).
1. Full payment of the course is required to process a booking. Full payment should be made before the term starting date.
2. A minimum of 4 students is required for a class to run. Payments are fully refunded in the event of cancellation of classes due to the small numbers.
3. Payment: We receive credit card payments through our booking system (WeTeachMe).
4. Missed classes: If you missed a class you should contact your teacher; he/she might be available to offer you a catch-up lesson before the next class starts. Missed classes are NOT refunded.