What is Seeing? Why is it important?
Learning to see helps us understand the world around us and then reinterpret that in our art. Once we can see, we can control what we want to create on our canvas. Whether its exacting representational lines, or loose embellished marks, as long as we can understand the world by seeing it clearly, we can communicate what we see in whichever way we like.
We will use charcoal and oil paints on a variety of materials. No experience necessary, you'll learn everything you need to know on the go.
These classes are based on simple instruction, a fun and supporting environment, and lots of inspiration to keep you going strong! As an artist I want to share my years knowledge and help people to realise that, yes, Everyone Can Paint!
- The first essential step to making great paintings - Seeing and Drawing
- Simple tools to help us see clearly and simple ways to draw effectively
- Unlock your creativity and have confidence in your ability
- Keep everything you create and be inspired to keep creating!
- A new perspective on seeing - The way you see the world will change
- Clear and simple instruction from an experienced teacher
- Basic materials provided
- Your interest to learn!
- Oil paints - White, black, Burnt Umber and Raw Umber (Also available for purchase)
- Your favourite charcoal or pencils (regular charcoal will be provided)
Casual (Warning: This might get messy)
Everyone! Beginners or anyone who already loves to paint
Vendor sincce 2016
I currently live in Melbourne Australia. I work as a teacher, running casual painting classes and private tution. In my home studio I enjoy creating art in an array of different medium and styles. Currently I am working with traditional oil painting techniques as well as printmaking, mixed media and digital artwork. Beyond that, I am always up for experimenting with new materials and pushing my ability into new areas of development.
I have studied at Swinburne University of Technology and The Victorian College of the Arts and since then have pursued my own unique style and techniques. Most recently I was honoured to be a finalist in the [A.M.E Bale Travelling Scholarship], an award for artists working within the style of traditional painting and drawing.
I have been running casual painting classs in Melbourne for 1 year. I have also taught private lessons and I'm currently starting up some workshops looking closer at painting and the fundamentals of the traditional art practice. Please contact me if you are interested or would like to know about private lessons.