Learn to Sew the Carson Dress
The Carson Dress (pattern by Paddle Boat Studio) is a loose fitting knee length dress featuring drop length shoulders and pockets with a choice of long or short sleeves. No fitting required!
This pattern is a great place to start for beginner sewers and a great easy to sew wardrobe staple for the more advanced sewer.
In this workshop you will learn the following:
-How to put together a pdf sewing pattern
-How to take your own measurements and choose the appropriate size
-How to lay out your pattern and cut your fabric
-How to sew your garment together
-How to finish the neckline with bias binding
Participants will need to bring the following on the day:
-Proof of pattern purchase is required. Please purchase the pattern ahead of the workshop from Paddleboat Studio on Etsy. There is no need to print it out for the workshop, patterns will be ready cut for you on the day to provide more time for sewing.
-Your sewing machine/overlocker if you would like to use your own otherwise basic machines are available for use in the workshop
-Sewing tools (i.e. pins, fabric scissors, thread, chalk, quick-un-pick etc)
-Fabric and matching thread for the project, as per the pattern instructions. Requirements will be sent with booking email.
WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE READ OUR Refund Policy AND Copyright Policy. BY BOOKING A WORKSHOP YOU AGREE TO THESE POLICIES.
- How to put together a pdf patterns
- How to take your own measurements and choose the appropriate size
- How to sew your garment together
- Your finished Carson dress
- The pattern to sew more at home
- Proof of purchase of the Carson Dress pattern by Paddle Boat Studios (link in listing)
- Sewing machine/overlocker if you wish to use your own
- Fabric and matching thread for the project, as per the pattern instructions
Suitable for beginners and above!
Vendor since 2013
Handmaker's Factory, 84B Charles Street, Seddon, VIC 3011
Please read our Refund Policy. By booking a workshop you agree to this policy. This policy has recently changed.
As seen in: CLASSES ON SUSTAINABLE LIVING IN MELBOURNE
Cancelling your spot in a class
- Bookings are final. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking, cancellations will result in forfeit of payment. Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates.
- You may offer your spot to a friend, we will transfer the booking into their name but you must arrange any transfer of money between yourself and your friend.
- Non-attendance under any circumstances forfeits the fee paid and is non-transferable.
- A class requires a minimum number of attendants to go ahead. Your cancellation may mean the class is unable to go ahead therefore causing other participants to miss out and a teacher to be cancelled at the last minute.
If we cancel a class
- All classes require a minimum number of bookings to go ahead. Minimum numbers vary from class to class. Classes that do not have the required minimum will be cancelled.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the class and will be offered the choice of having their spot transfered to the next available class, a credit to be used towards another class or a full refund.
- If a teacher is unable to attend a class due to illness or other extreme circumstances we will postpone the class to a later date and inform you as early as possible.
- We can not be held liable for any travel or other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- We do our best to ensure classes go ahead
Gift vouchers purchased for a particular class
Gift vouchers: (1) expire X months from the time of purchase (as specified when booking); (2) are not redeemable for cash; (3) are not transferable or assignable; (4) cannot be redeemed for other courses or events.
This Policy replaces all other previous policies and can be replaced or altered at any time.
All Policies are deemed to be accepted by all parties upon enrolment.
© 2012-2017 Handmaker's Factory. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.
All designs used in our workshops remain the property of the original designer aka the teacher. While our teachers are happy to share the knowledge and skills that they have spent years learning and perfecting we do ask that you do not copy their work and make a profit from it.
Of course you are welcome to make and gift an item that you have learned to make in our workshops but any copyright infringement will not be tolerated. We ask that you do the right thing and come up with your own original designs if you plan to sell your creations.
We also ask that you credit the designers with their name and a link when sharing their work.