- Set date and time when booking.
What You Get
- Studio time
- Use of in house equipment
Screen Printing Open Studio
'Choose A Day' is subject to availability. Please contact us to enquire about available dates.
Our screen printing open studio is for those who need space to work but don't have it at home. You will have access to all in house studio equipment including someone on hand to assist when required.
If you're unsure if our studio will suit your needs please feel free to get in touch to discuss by emailing or calling.
You can bring along your own exposed screens or borrow one of our in house screens to print with stencils. If you have attended our photo emulsion workshop you may use the exposure unit to expose screens.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A TEACHING WORKSHOP. To use the studio and screen printing equipment you MUST have prior screen printing experience. We recommend you attend our Learn to Screen Print in a Day workshop first. To use the exposure unit you must have attended our Photo Emulsion workshop.
The studio is set up with the following:
- A screen printing table (6 metres long X 90cm deep)
- Exposure unit
- Screens (40x60cm)
- Hairdryers for drying printed fabric
- An ink mixing area
- Screen cleaning trough
- Iron, Elna press and Ironing board
- Sewing machines
- Library of books
- Large table for design work and fabric cutting
- Cutting mats and cutting knives, scissors
- Pencils and rulers etc
- Kitchen with a kettle, fridge, sandwich press and a microwave
- Light box (coming soon)
- On street parking, walking distance to 2 train stations and many local cafes.
The following supplies can be purchased in the studio:
- Japanese Ezy Cut (YUPO) stencil paper (91 x 64cm) $6 per sheet
- Acetate sheet A3 $2.50
- ZIG opaque pens 5 pack assorted nibs $40
- Large Screen (40 x 50cm) $65
- Small Screen (30 x 40cm) $50
- Calico fabric for practice prints. (300cm wide) $5 per metre
WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE READ OUR Refund Policy AND Copyright Policy. BY BOOKING A WORKSHOP YOU AGREE TO THESE POLICIES.