Get the “oil on water” effect with your weaving. This class extends the classes taught in January 2019 to use 8 instead of 4 colours. For looms with 8 or more shafts.
Your tutor Nancye Whitman has been weaving for many years and tries to weave everyday.
- How to select colours for maximum effect
- How to select a suitable design line and use it for threading through heddles
- How to set up a warp for weaving a design echoed in 8 colours • The effects of using different treadling patterns on the outcome
- A sample that shows the effect of different weft colours
- An idea of the many different possibilities through observation of others’ work
- The courage and confidence to go on and explore this weave structure further
- Students need to bring their own loom of at least 8 shafts or else hire one from the Guild (phone 0427 791 515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to hire one)
- You will bring your own fibres.
- No material fee. Just do the required reading which will be emailed to you before the workshop.
Experienced weavesr must be able to warp and dress an 8 shaft loom
Vendor since 2016
The Guild's aim is to bring together those who practise handweaving, spinning and allied crafts and to help and encourage them to increase their knowledge, understanding and skills by discussion, demonstration, exhibition, teaching and the provision of quality resource materials.
Our Guild rooms house an excellent library and craft supply, sell members work and host a wonderful range of interest groups, classes and workshops.
We have members and affiliated groups throughout the state.
Come and join us!
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.