Early Bird prices finish on 1st December , 2019
In this class you will be able to dye small quantities of spun wool (handspun or commercial) to different shades using a variety of available dye baths. You will then have beautiful yarns for a knitting, crochet or weaving project.
Your tutor Jan Brown has been spinning and dyeing since 1973 when I took it up as a pregnant fancy. Before having children I was working as an industrial chemist and this background was most useful to my dyeing efforts
- How to prepare dye baths and how to choose dyes
- The effects of order on multiple dips into dye baths • The effects of immersion time on multiple dips into dye baths
- Which colours can be successfully combined with others
- A workshop with highly experienced spinners and dyers
- A selection of beautifully coloured yarns for use in your next project
- A knowledge of the effects of order, saturation and hue on the results obtained
- Students need to bring up to 300 gm of handspun or commercial wool in skein form and mordanted (instructions available on request)
- Material Fee of of $10 to be paid to the tutor on the day
No experience necessary
Vendor since 2016
The Guild's aim is to bring together those who practise handweaving, spinning and allied crafts and to help and encourage them to increase their knowledge, understanding and skills by discussion, demonstration, exhibition, teaching and the provision of quality resource materials.
Our Guild rooms house an excellent library and craft supply, sell members work and host a wonderful range of interest groups, classes and workshops.
We have members and affiliated groups throughout the state.
Come and join us!
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.
No refunds for missed classes.