Early Bird prices finish on 1st December, 2019
Amigurumi is a Japanese crochet art for making small toys. There is a set of skills used in these and other toy patterns which will be demonstrated (depending on skill level of the group)Amigurumi is a Japanese crochet art for making small toys. There is a set of skills used in these and other toy patterns which will be demonstrated (depending on skill level of the group)
Your tutor Steph Perry is an experienced all round craft person with a real interest in crocheting with shapes.
- Magic loop, invisible decreases, working in continuous spirals, working in back loops only, changing colours
- Faces and motions (embroidery vs safety eyes) • What to use for inserts for rattles or bells
- Minimising sewing up
- Two basic patterns with loads of possible customisations and ideas:
- We will start with a ball/pebble for techniques, shaping and practice.
- Then a doll body (which can also be a bear/unicorn/cat/pig/cow or others with small modifications)
- A 3mm, 3.5mm or 4mm crochet hook.
- Toys usually require small amounts in a few colours – bring any leftovers you may have and there will also be some acrylic available.
- No Material Fee
Knowledge of chain, single crochet and half double crochet
Vendor since 2016
The Guild's aim is to bring together those who practise handweaving, spinning and allied crafts and to help and encourage them to increase their knowledge, understanding and skills by discussion, demonstration, exhibition, teaching and the provision of quality resource materials.
Our Guild rooms house an excellent library and craft supply, sell members work and host a wonderful range of interest groups, classes and workshops.
We have members and affiliated groups throughout the state.
Come and join us!
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.
No refunds for missed classes.