Early Bird Prices finish on 1st December, 2019
Preparation - most important.
You do not need to have woven a length of fabric for this workshop but If students have hand-woven fabrics they would like to bring into the workshop we can discuss which techniques suit this fabric and garment choice.
Alternatively students can bring in hand-woven samples or patterns/designs/ideas etc. to discuss suitability. This is not Mandatory.
About the workshop
Have you ever thought you would like to sew with your own hand-woven fabric but have yet to try? Or perhaps you are looking for ways to improve your current efforts. Come along and get expert help. Get tips and tricks when working with hand-woven fabric.
Your tutor Pat Jones trained in Fashion and garment production before beginning training in textile design specialising in weaving. Worked at RMIT University as Head of Textile design department TAFE.
- In this class you will learn how to handle your hand-woven fabric and get suggestions on how to turn it into a garment.
- Get all the information you need to produce a professional garment:- • Laying out patterns on your fabric • Using the correct cutting methods • Selecting the correct seam techniques • Selecting the correct interfacings
- The correct selection and use of dressmaking equipment • Matching checks and stripes • Pressing and streaming correctly
- Skills and confidence to cut into their hand-woven fabrics.
- Bring samples and get advice on your fabrics.
- Material Fee $4.00 for set of notes and calico for samples •Notebook and pen
- There will be time to work on some sample techniques, so if students have access to a portable sewing machine they can bring it into class. (Two or three people can work on one machine so if you are coming in with a friend you can make arrangements to share.) • To help out with planning and power points etc. please let Pat Jones know if you intend to bring in your sewing machine. Thank you. (email@example.com).
- It is not mandatory to have a machine you will still gain the knowledge without a machine.
This workshop is designed for those with some sewing skills and will be specific to garment making. Be able to use a sewing machine.
Vendor since 2016
The Guild's aim is to bring together those who practise handweaving, spinning and allied crafts and to help and encourage them to increase their knowledge, understanding and skills by discussion, demonstration, exhibition, teaching and the provision of quality resource materials.
Our Guild rooms house an excellent library and craft supply, sell members work and host a wonderful range of interest groups, classes and workshops.
We have members and affiliated groups throughout the state.
Come and join us!
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.
No refunds for missed classes.