Asian Home Cooking Course Online
Price is for 8 weekend classes online
ASIAN HOME COOKING COURSE ONLINE
Want to discover different flavours at home? Learn with our 7+ cuisine course featuring a span of Asian cuisines from Japanese, through Indian. You’ll learn the fundamental cooking skills tied to each of these unique Asian cultures, as you explore through each week’s lesson. Here you will connect with your chef, ask any question and be connected with foods.
Every lesson you’ll gain access to new recipes, tutorials and lessons ranging from shopping tips, through knife skills, nutritional tips and unique cooking methods. What makes this platform unique is our hands-on support system, where we connect you with professional chefs to help guide you through your own cooking adventure.
With a wide array of multimedia to choose from: written recipes, cook along with chef classes, online support, blog posts and community Q&A, we are offering an especially engaging and interactive way to learn cooking from the comfort of your own home.
- Access to over 45+ unique, authentic recipes from all over Asia
- A large selection of interactive media and informative structures
- Round-the-clock support from professional chefs within the portal
- Zoom live cook along with our chefs with your questions answered
COOKING CLASSESYou now can join our weekend cook-along classes with our chef at no extra charge! Sign up, don't pay just add your order detail. We will match your existing order.
- Introductions to Asian kitchen
- Vietnamese cooking
- Thai cooking
- Chinese cooking
- Indian cooking
- Indonesian cooking
- Japanese cooking
- Korean cooking
- Street food Asia classes in Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese
HOW WE RUN THE COURSE
- Move at your own pace! Sign on to this course at any time, because we have created a full library of pre-recorded videos, class notes and recipes for you to start.
- Whether you work on your own or with help, you can go as deep into a topic as you want and start and stop anytime.
- Or you can choose to cook along with our expert instructor to receive guidance and feedback on Zoom 2-hour class series at the weekend. The online cooking session can complement with your self-cooking-learning.
- So why not log on to the platform, see the recipes, watch the videos, pick up your ingredients and get a few pieces of equipment together so you can cook. Let us know if you have dietary and we may come up with some substitute for you. You can watch the class but better cook along with us and get feedback!
- Online Asian cooking course run over 12 weeks
- Learn the fundamentals of Asian ingredients and flavours
- Kickstart your food journey and master a number of Asian dishes
- 12 week online cooking course with expert chef instruction
- Access to a video library
- Recipes and shopping notes
- Cook at your home and all ingredients can be bought from local supermarket
From 16+ years old
Vendor since 2020
Otao kitchen was launched in Richmond, Melbourne, Australia in July 2014, with the goal of celebrating the rich and varied cooking experiences of Melbourne’s immigrant multicultural communities. Its founder, Chef Ha Nguyen, originally from Hanoi shares his passion for food, instructing customers in the exotic diaspora of Asian and around the world cuisine.
Today our guests can get inspired by cooking with our local and international chefs, listen to their cooking and travel experiences in Asia and around the world and bring some cooking and cultural tips and tricks home. With the nods at the diversity of communities within Melbourne, Otao kitchen features an array of food experiences on Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Dumplings, Indian, Korean, Indonesian, as well as French, Italian, Spanish, Mexican cuisines and more.
In 2020 with the challenge of global Covid 19 pandemic, we set out to capture the curriculum of our hands-cooking classes and deliver it online to home cooks in Australia and across the world to guide you to cooking success and better health.
Otao kitchen is named after Ông Táo, the Vietnamese Kitchen God. Ông Táo is regarded as the advocate of Vietnamese families to the gods and a messenger between Heaven and Earth. In preparation for a prosperous year, Vietnamese families clean their homes and polish their silver. During the New Year celebrations, Ông Táo comes to serve as the Kitchen God to Vietnamese families. As the old year ends, he flys back to Heaven on a magic carp reporting on each family’s life and experiences over the past year to the Jade Emperor, the King of Heaven. Ông Táo is regarded as a family member and various prayers and offerings are brought to him at the family altar.
Otao Kitchen aims to increase the accessibility of healthy food options with hands-on cooking. Our cooking classes offer you an intelligent, thoughtful and authentic cooking experience - that is fun, adventurous and suitable for people of all ages, teams, work party, backgrounds or levels of cooking skills. The skills you will learn are fully transferable to your own kitchen and we look forward to hearing and seeing what you create at home after the classes.
For face-to-face cooking classes visit https://otaokitchen.com.au
For online cooking classes and portal visit http://homecookinglive.com
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Otao kitchen requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Otao kitchen has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Otao kitchen does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Otao kitchen to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Otao kitchen, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Otao kitchen or organised by Otao kitchen must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Otao kitchen
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Otao kitchen unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Otao kitchen classes and events or on Otao kitchen premises. (For use of Otao kitchen marketing materials).
Otao kitchen requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Otao kitchen, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.