Asian Cooking With Kids and Teens Online
Learn the skills to provide Asian dishes at home.
KIDS AND TEEN COOKING COURSE
Cooking is a life skill that sadly not everyone has. Knowing how to cook can vastly improve our ability to save money, provide meaningfully for our family, and nutrition. But part of making healthy choices in life is knowing the skills to turn nutritious ingredients into an enjoyable meal. Getting kids to form healthy eating habits is no easy task, but by teaching them approachable skills and fun techniques, we can help pave the way.
In this course, we will work together with kids in an interactive and engaging cooking class, designed to bring approachable, fun, and nutritious recipes to your home kitchen. Our instructors will lead your kids through a variety of dishes using easily accessible ingredients from your local supermarket.
The course begins with a focus on basic, safe, and fundamental cooking skills. We’ll teach them a broad spectrum of skills spanning through preparation, tasting, and seasoning dishes as well as how to choose healthy options, read nutritional labels, and reduce food waste. The class is suitable for kids 10-16 years old, with recommended parental supervision. Please check the menu of the month before booking.
We run the live streaming classes in Sep/Oct 2020 and we started to run classes on monthly basics. You can join anytime and have 6 months to finish. Please check the menu and the month before you book.
- The class is suitable for ages 10-16
- Learn basic and fundamental kitchen skills
- Have fun in this interactive and sociable cooking experience
- Access to a wide variety of written and multi-media resources
- In-class discussions on food safety, local foods, sustainability, and nutrition
- Delicious and healthy meals made from scratch
THE MENU LIVE STREAMING
Live streaming! Jan-May-Sep
- Green Chicken & Vegetable Curry
- Thai Beef Salad, Rice
Live streaming! Feb-Jun-Oct
- Japanese Pancake (Okonomiyaki)
- Chicken Teriyaki, Radish
Live streaming! Mar Jul Nov
- Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Salad
- Vegetarian Spring Rolls
Live streaming! Apr Aug Dec
- Pork Wonton Soup
- Special Fried Rice
- Asian Greens
**Vegetarian and other dietary restrictions can be accommodated, contact us for details.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU BOOK
- Children who attend online cooking classes must be participating with a parent. The parent(s) will need to buy the ingredients for each recipe and give a hand getting the kids set up for each class. We encourage families to share this experience and cook together.
- We recommend kids from 10-16 years old, which takes into consideration the attention span and technical skills of most kids that age.
- Given the kitchen set up, we cannot accept anyone with severe food allergies.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a class booking you will need to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yes, we sell gift cards. The gift cards are valid for 3 years. Please click the link in the calendar to purchase your gift card. You will receive a digital gift card and a redeemable code to give to the person of your choice. The gift's receiver can redeem the gift card later to gain access to a live cooking session and our online platform.
- The gift card is also redeemable in the future for our in-person classes, once our venue opens up again.
- The class is suitable for kids 10 and above, with recommended parental supervision for kids under 16
- Learn the fundamentals of Asian ingredients and flavours
- Delicious and healthy meals made from scratch
- 4 week online cooking course with expert chef instruction
- Access to a video library, recipes and shopping notes
- Having fun with the real-life challenge and work with fresh ingredients
- Cook at your home and all ingredients can be bought from local supermarket
From 10+ years old
Vendor since 2020
Otao kitchen was launched in Richmond, Melbourne, Australia in July 2014, with the goal of celebrating the rich and varied cooking experiences of Melbourne’s immigrant multicultural communities. Its founder, Chef Ha Nguyen, originally from Hanoi shares his passion for food, instructing customers in the exotic diaspora of Asian and around the world cuisine.
Today our guests can get inspired by cooking with our local and international chefs, listen to their cooking and travel experiences in Asia and around the world and bring some cooking and cultural tips and tricks home. With the nods at the diversity of communities within Melbourne, Otao kitchen features an array of food experiences on Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Dumplings, Indian, Korean, Indonesian, as well as French, Italian, Spanish, Mexican cuisines and more.
In 2020 with the challenge of global Covid 19 pandemic, we set out to capture the curriculum of our hands-cooking classes and deliver it online to home cooks in Australia and across the world to guide you to cooking success and better health.
Otao kitchen is named after Ông Táo, the Vietnamese Kitchen God. Ông Táo is regarded as the advocate of Vietnamese families to the gods and a messenger between Heaven and Earth. In preparation for a prosperous year, Vietnamese families clean their homes and polish their silver. During the New Year celebrations, Ông Táo comes to serve as the Kitchen God to Vietnamese families. As the old year ends, he flys back to Heaven on a magic carp reporting on each family’s life and experiences over the past year to the Jade Emperor, the King of Heaven. Ông Táo is regarded as a family member and various prayers and offerings are brought to him at the family altar.
Otao Kitchen aims to increase the accessibility of healthy food options with hands-on cooking. Our cooking classes offer you an intelligent, thoughtful and authentic cooking experience - that is fun, adventurous and suitable for people of all ages, teams, work party, backgrounds or levels of cooking skills. The skills you will learn are fully transferable to your own kitchen and we look forward to hearing and seeing what you create at home after the classes.
For face-to-face cooking classes visit https://otaokitchen.com.au
For online cooking classes and portal visit http://homecookinglive.com
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Otao kitchen requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Otao kitchen has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Otao kitchen does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Otao kitchen to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Otao kitchen, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Otao kitchen or organised by Otao kitchen must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Otao kitchen
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Otao kitchen unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Otao kitchen classes and events or on Otao kitchen premises. (For use of Otao kitchen marketing materials).
Otao kitchen requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Otao kitchen, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.