A1.5 - Beginner's Italian
Standard Italian language course
A1.5 - Overview/course content and outcome:
This course covers topics such as: daily life, Italian festivities, family. By the end of the course you will be able to talk about your daily activities in detail, your family, ask and give information on specific topics, as well as have developed an insight into Italian-speaking life, culture and society, such as Italian festivities and customs.
Classes will work on the four abilities: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
A communicative approach is used. Students engage in interactive language activities, participating in group and pair work. Students will also be offered guidance in self-study and homework tasks.
Target audience: Suitable for someone that has a basic knowledge of the language and/or has completed our A1.4 course. (64 hours)
Material required: NEW Italian Espresso beginner/PREintermediate - TB libro + DVD + ebook, p. 240
Duration: 8 weeks, 2 hours weekly
- Learn reflexive verbs
- Learn about Italian festivities
- Increase Italian vocab of daily activities
- Original Istituto Italiano di Cultura cloth bag
- Access to a computer or ipad/tablet
Vendor since 2020
The Italian Cultural Institute Melbourne offers a variety ofItalian Language and Culture courses for each student’s need.
You can choose from: standard language courses, conversation classes, culture courses on different topics, private lessons, VCE and courses for children and young people. Teachers are all highly qualified, native Italian speakers, with years of experience in teaching the language, both in Europe and in Australia.
Certification courses and exams for Italian Citizenship, Certification of Italian as a Foreign Language and Certification of Competence in Teaching Italian to Foreigners are now also available.
The IIC follows the Common European Framework, using books and methodologies that have been successfully tested all over Europe. The IIC is affiliated with the University of Foreigners of Siena, organising exams for the certification of proficiency in Italian (CILS).
If you have previously studied Italian and want to know your language level, you can complete our Evaluation Test.
At the multi-media library Eugenio Montale, students can learn Italian in a dynamic and culturally rich and stimulating environment. They can consult and borrow books, DVDs, CDs newspapers and magazines. Also, they can attend cultural events, such as concerts, exhibitions, screenings, seminars, wine and food tastings.
Subscribe to IIC Melbourne Newsletter to keep updated to our activities.
The Refund Policy of the Istituto Italiano di Cultura Melbourne specifies that:
Any student who has paid for a course and who withdraws before the beginning of the course will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid less $50 administrative fee.
In case of class cancellation by the IIC Melbourne, students may request a transfer to another class or a full refund of fees paid. Fees will be refunded in full if a course is cancelled by IIC due to an insufficient number of students.
Terms and Conditions
1. Fees must be paid in full upon enrolment and are payable in advance before the beginning of the block.
2. Enrolment is not confirmed unless payment is made in full.
3. Before enrolling, students are advised to consider carefully their circumstances and personal commitments (such as family, employment, and health) as
- no cancellation or refund will be possible after the specified deadline unless the course is cancelled by the IIC Melbourne
- no partial refund can be given for classes not attended
4. Any student who has paid for a course and who withdraws before the beginning of the course will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid less $50 administrative fee.
5. In case of class cancellation by the IIC Melbourne, students may request a transfer to another class or a full refund of fees paid. Fees will be refunded in full if a course is cancelled by IIC due to an insufficient number of students.
6. Students are required to purchase the recommended textbook for their course. They may choose to buy the book through the Istituto Italiano di Cultura or independently.
7. Fees do not include textbooks unless otherwise specified. Where specified, expenditure on textbooks cannot be refunded once books have been collected by the student.
8. Students may request a transfer to another class. Please note that transfers can only occur if there is a vacancy in the new class.
9. Enrolments in our courses are not transferable to another person.
DISCLAIMER PERSONAL DATA
Information on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing (usage) of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation (UE) 2016/679, art. 13). The processing of personal data requested when registering as a user with the IIC Melbourne will be based on the principles of lawfulness, fairness and transparency to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals. The holder of the usage is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) of the Italian Republic which operates, in this specific case, through the IIC Melbourne. The processing of data, carried out by personnel specifically appointed by the IIC Melbourne, will be carried out in both an automated and manual manner. The data provided by the interested party during registration will be processed only by the owner and will not be sent to third parties.