Sculpting the Portrait from Life
(+3 more dates)
In Jean Pauls Masterclass, you’ll get to create a sculpture of a face from scratch. He’ll show you everything you’ll need to get started, including guiding you through the process of building up clay to get the large forms, and taking it to a finish with the details. It’s a fully interactive class with lots of room to discuss and get help with your piece. Jean Paul explains his thought process, gives tips and warns about common mistakes.
Foundations are the key to achieving good likeness in a sculpture. In this workshop Jean-Paul shares his process for creating a clay likeness from life with a live model. The workshop which will you take you through the whole process of sculpting a portrait, with an emphasis on getting the forms and underlying structure right to begin. Jean-Paul will show you how to train your eye to be able to see the structures and create likeness to the live model. The class runs each week and students are encouraged to come back each week for 3 weeks to create a finished piece.
What you will learn
- Foundation of skills to sculpt a realistic head
- Creating a likeness of a person in clay
- Live Model to sculpt
What you will get
- Clay and all Tools Provided
- Everyone has their own stand to work on
What to bring
- Just your enthusiasm!
What to wear
Casual comfortable clothing
Beginners wanting to learn to sculpt or intermediate wanting to hone their skills
Jean-Paul Zilliacus is a Montsalvat resident sculptor focusing his practice on observational realism of the human form and face. His observations and translations into clay were influenced early on by encouragement from his grandmother Nancy Patterson, the painter as well as a Steiner based education which fostered creativity.
Currently he is teaching Portrait and Figure sculpture classes at the iconic Nicholas Building on Saturdays and Sundays at Ghost Vali Studios on Level 7.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Jean Paul Zilliacus requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Jean Paul Zilliacus has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Jean Paul Zilliacus does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Jean Paul Zilliacus to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Jean Paul Zilliacus, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Jean-Paul Zilliacus or organised by Jean Paul Zilliacus must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Jean Paul Zilliacus
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Jean-Paul Zilliacus unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Jean-Paul Zilliacus classes and events or on Jean-Paul Zilliacus premises. (For use of Jean-Paul Zilliacus marketing materials).
Jean-Paul Zilliacus requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Jean-Paul Zilliacus, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.