Glass Party! Choose your favourite size!
Let's get this Glass Party started! Level 2 participants only. Arrangements and payment made (by direct bank transfer) directly with me (not via a third party website).
I invite you to come along and make your dream platter. Choose your favourite size, faourite colours, and favourite shapes, and we'll help you make it happen!
Use your new slumping skills to create something utterly unique to your sense of style and place - with our help every step of the way, of course!
It might be an elegant elongated platter that's 20cms by 35cms, a draped square (20cms x 20cms) or one of our other platter sizes. Its up to you. I also have loads of large/round molds - lets chat about what you'd like to make. This is my base item for this super-fun workshop.
Let's do it! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
But that's just the start - you have lots of other options!
- The elegant elongated platter is 20cms x 35cms and will cost you $199 to make. (And that's the base price of this workshop.)
- A beautiful long baguette platter that is 15cms x 50cms will cost you $235 to make.
- The Giant Fruit Platter is 33cms x 44cms and will cost you $295 to make.
- The Woven-look Fruit Platter is 38cms x 38cms and will cost you $299 to make.
- Make a 25cms x 25cm platter ($199).
- Make a 20cms x 20cms drape ($199).
- Make a retro sculpture ($199) if you are a confident cutter. This is a Level 3 activity, you must have competed a Level 2 workshop already.
- Make eight art glass coasters ($199). Four coasters will cost you $125.00 to make.
- Make a 20cm diameter round plate ($199)
- Make a "Leaf Litter" Sculpture - cost $225 to make.
Let me know what you're thinking of when you book in so that I can have the glass and the correct size kiln shelf available for you. Choose from our large selection of transparent colours, opaque colours, stringers, noodles and rods and "part sheets" that are in the studio at the time of your workshop. If you want particular colours or glass types check with me in advance so we have them in stock. Agreed payment to be made in advance by bank transfer.
Once the class is over and the clean up is done, all you need to do is wait for an email from me showing the progress of your artpiece and I’ll let you know when it's ready to be picked up. This usually happens about 2-3 weeks after the workshop.
The prerequisite for all the above is that you have attended my LEVEL ONE PLATE MAKING WORKSHOP.
Once again, please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a tank top), and closed toe shoes, (no thongs, no sandals that expose your toes). This studio is upstairs so you need to be able to climb our staircase. BYO drinks and food if you like. A glass of wine helps the creativity! Over 18s only.
For more information about this workshop please read the PDF.
See you soon!
What you will learn
- You will choose from any glass you see in my studio on the day of our workshop!
- Enhance your fusing & slumping skills!
- Use your slumping skills to create your second piece of art glass that you’ve been dreaming of since you were here last.
What you will get
- All materials provided for the sizes listed in the descriptions.
- a chance to make something different in art glass
- You can choose a different size and shape if you let me know 3 days before the workshop (t's & c's apply)
Car parks are relatively easy to find around our studios. We are on the intersection of Swan Street, and Bendigo Street, Richmond.
Most of my workshops are now run on the weekends or outside 9-5 so you’ll mostly be able to find parking nearby.
According to Google, there’s a 6-minute walk from Burnley Railway Station to 550 Swan Street (its 450 metres away).
Tram 70 stops a few metres from our front door.
Ring buzzer on arrival and I'll open the downstairs sliding glass door. The studio is upstairs so you need to be able to walk upstairs safely.
What to bring
- Everything is included for you to create your next masterpiece - come along with you idea and we'll go from there. This is a Level 2 Workshop some techniques (Woven & Girls are Level 3)
- Level 1 Life's Colours is the prerequisite for this Level 2 Workshop.
What to wear
Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a tank top) Please wear closed toe shoes. (no thongs).
The prerequisite is that you have attended one of my LEVEL ONE(1) LIFE'S COLOURS WORKSHOP previously. Anyone under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by an adult or carer who also attends the workshop.
Vendor since 2016
I’m like a kid in a lolly shop. I am endlessly impressed and inspired – by the work of others, by colours and textures, by everything around me, man-made and natural!
There’s so much to see, to interpret into glass!
I love it all. I love sharing it with everyone – that’s why I run workshops – it makes me happy and its my hope that some of this joy spills over to you as well.
I love my job.
You too can create graphic Mondrian-inspired bowls and platters and feminist invoking “Break The Glass Ceiling” pendants, brooches and sometimes earrings in these workshops. You can create an artwork for your walls in the fabulous Heart Art Class.
I love the clash of sometimes crazy and sometimes controlled geometry, that can see in my Paris Elegance series with its DNA centre design element. I suspect they indulge both the conservative and bold characteristics within. These styles can be explored more in the Level 2 classes.
The relationship between the glass elements in each piece means no two pieces are exactly alike, much as no story is ever retold in exactly the same way, so is every piece of glass you create in a workshop. You can truly say, no-one else, anywhere, has one quite like it! You'll also remember that giving a Gift Voucher is another uniuqe gift that expresses the value of your unique friendship.
Ultimately, I am sharing love. The love of life. Share it with me?
If you book into an event and miss it, we can't reschedule or refund the tickets after the fact.
Our classes take careful planning, seats are limited and we cut the glass and prepare the studio based on the number of people. I run a small business and my margins are very tight.
My standard class fees include a $40 non-refundable, non-transferable administration fee, which is forfeited if a student cancels their enrolment or transfers to another class session. Students who cancel or transfer their enrollment six or more business days prior to the beginning of a class will receive a refund of the class fee, minus the $40 administration fee. Cancellations or transfers made fewer than six business days prior to commencement of class will be refunded or transferred only if we are able to fill the student’s space (minus the $40 administration fee). No refunds or transfers will be granted once the class has started.
- If there is a last-minute change in plans (less than 12 hours' notice), then sorry you forfeit the ticket.
- Alternatively you can send a friend along and they can use the ticket in your name.
- From time to time we need to cancel an event, in this instance we will notify you by email and text your mobile as well. We automatically transfer you into the next event, but you can request a alternative date, hopefully within the next 3 months.
Terms & Conditions
We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for everyone. Participation in Jenie Yolland's Art glass classes and workshops are at your own risk. Whilst we take every precaution to take reasonable care of our customers, we acknowledge that sometimes glass cutting and the studio environment can pose a risk, and your attendance at our classes waives our liability for any injuries that occur.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Jenie Yolland's studio or organised by Jenie Yolland must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Jenie Yolland.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Jenie Yolland unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Jenie Yolland's classes and events or on Jenie Yolland's premises. (For use of Jenie Yolland's marketing materials).
In the event that a class is cancelled for whatever reason, each student will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or class credit.
My standard class fees include a $40 non-refundable, non-transferable administration fee, which is forfeited if a student cancels their enrollment or transfers to another class session. Students who cancel or transfer their enrollment six or more business days prior to the beginning of a class will receive a refund of the class fee, minus the $40 administration fee. Cancellations or transfers made fewer than six business days prior to commencement of class will be refunded or transferred only if we are able to fill the student’s space (minus the $40 administration fee).