Have you always wanted to learn how to take great portrait photos but feel like there’s something missing? This online workshop will give you both theory and some excellent practical tips on how to take better portraits, encompassing posing, lighting and optimal camera settings.
If you’re currently stuck at home due to restrictions, this is a perfect time to get your camera out of the cupboard, refine your skills and take some beautiful portraits of your family (or even your housemate, yourself or your pet)!
As it is set over two weeks, this workshop will give you the time to put into practice what you have learnt and the opportunity to receive helpful feedback in a supportive and encouraging environment.
What you will learn
- Optimal camera set up for portrait photography
- Practical tips on posing, lighting and techniques to improve your photos
- Constructive feedback on your photos that will inspire and motivate you
What you will get
- A PDF of notes emailed before the lesson
- An informative workshop in a small group environment, via Zoom
- Included is a free hands-on exercise to help you consolidate what you’ve learned, and personalised feedback on your progress
What to bring
- Fully charged camera (DSLR or mirrorless) with memory card
- Notepad and pen to take notes
- Laptop or desktop with Zoom downloaded
What to wear
Those who have a basic understanding of their camera as we wont have time to cover general fundamentals. Suitable for ages 16+.
Bring a friend
If you book for yourself and a friend at the same time, you will both receive a discounted price!
Vendor since 2020
Photography education for everybody
Krystal Seigerman has been a professional photographer for over 15 years. She also loves sharing her knowledge and has eight years of experience teaching photography at tertiary and community institutions such as RMIT University, La Trobe University, Melbourne Polytechnic and CAE. As an educator, Krystal is recognised for her friendly, accessible and engaging teaching approach. She is skilled at breaking down complex information, removing barriers and inspiring others to develop their technical and creative skills. Krystal believes anyone can learn to take great photographs with a little guidance.
In 2003, Krystal completed a Bachelor of Media Arts (Photography) at Deakin University and in 2016, a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment at RMIT. She has regularly exhibited her work since 2004. Krystal has been a finalist in the National Photographic Portrait Prize and the Incinerator Art Award as well as the Olive Cotton Award for Photographic Portraiture on four occasions. Her work has appeared in publications including The Big Issue magazine, Australian Art Monthly, The Australian and Australian Geographic magazine. Krystal has also contributed her images to several books including Beyond Reasonable Drought, Remembrance and Heartland: Celebrating Fifty Years of the Australian Conservation Foundation. Her work is held in the permanent collections of Horsham Regional Art Gallery and the State Library of Queensland. Krystal has been a member of MAPgroup (Many Australian Photographers), an independent association of documentary photographers, since 2006.
By making a booking you are agreeing to the following:
- Rescheduling: If you need to reschedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If it is less than 2 weeks before your lesson or workshop, a $40 rescheduling fee will apply. If it is less than 48 hours before your lesson or workshop, it will unfortunately be forfeited. Please note, only one reschedule is possible.
- Missed lesson/workshop: Krystal Seigerman Photography does not offer refunds or makeup sessions for missed lessons or workshops. However, if you can't make a class, you can arrange with Krystal Seigerman Photography to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled lesson/workshop: In the event that a lesson or workshop is cancelled by Krystal Seigerman Photography, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit or they can reschedule to another available date.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any lessons/workshops or coming to any events at Krystal Seigerman Photography or organised by Krystal Seigerman Photography must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in lessons, workshops and/or events organised by Krystal Seigerman Photography.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Krystal Seigerman Photography unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Krystal Seigerman Photography lessons, workshops and events or on Krystal Seigerman Photography premises. (For use of Krystal Seigerman Photography marketing materials).
No cancellations or refunds are possible.
In the event that a lesson or workshop is cancelled by Krystal Seigerman Photography, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit or they can reschedule to another available date.