The Essential Duck
We start by discussing the myths and truths of cooking this delightful meat. Once we dispel all the myths we then set about de-boning the bird ready to use for the feast we are about to prepare.
Our entree is a smoked duck breast served with a light cucumber and lime salad and we make our own mandarin pancakes, followed Duck a l’orange, a French classic but with a modern twist it is partnered with cardamom and allspice.
The whole roast duck served with a port and cherry sauce and a cranberry and macadamia stuffing with duck fat roast potatoes. We finish this indulgence with a duck egg zabaglione with roasted rhubarb.
My personal favourite, it’s nothing to be scared of, this fabulous healthy meat is so adaptable and easy to prepare and cook!
Duration: 3.5 Hours
- How to cook this beautiful meat with ease. From smoking to roasting and braising!
- Learn all the tips & techniques and secrets to cook the easiest and tastiest roast duck with a cranberry and macadamia stuffing and a port and cherry sauce
- De-done and break down a whole duck and use the meat to produce Asian and French influenced dishes
- Expert tuition from a qualified chef
- We provide all aprons, knives, utensils etc. for you to use during the duration of the class.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labour with a three course meal with wine.
- All the recipes to reproduce these dishes at home
- Your enthusiasm!
- A big appetite
Please wear closed-in shoes
Vendor sincce 2016
Once I completed my formal qualifications in England, I knew this was my ticket to the world. I spent two years backpacking and this opened my eyes to tastes and techniques which fired my imagination.
Honing my skills in fine dining restaurants after relocating to Australia from the UK, my urge to travel had not been extinguished, South East Asia beckoned, followed by 5 years in the Mediterranean as a chef on a luxury super yacht.
I ran a very successful cooking school from a Chinese Junk in Docklands where my aim has always been getting back to basics with fresh ingredients and being able to coax my students to exceed their expectations. Of course the main ingredient in all my classes is fun!
I have found a fantastic venue in Piper Street a very foodie area of Kyneton and am creating a unique learning and entertaining venue for the food lovers of Melbourne so come up and see us soon.
If you do not contact me within 72 hours of your class then your booking will be forfeited and I will not be able to reschedule your class, however if you let me know before this time then I can arrange another class for you.Please let me know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend and remember to write your booking date down so you don’t forget to come along.