There are currently five generations in the workforce. Only a few short years ago employers who were expecting to be faced with mass retirements are now looking at accommodating workers who cannot afford to retire or are simply healthy and happy enough they’d like to stay at work. However, the labour force continues to put in hard work and lots of strategies to find the right people to fill vacancies and to be able to serve their customers.
This course examines the history and reality of the generation gap, especially for recruiters and succession planning. In it, we will explore whether defining the actual limits of each generation is most important, or whether the merits of people within the context of employment is the bigger issue. After all, understanding others helps us to understand ourselves and to manage the people that we work with. We will also explore problems, solutions, and strategies to help overcome issues of the generation gap.
What Topics are Covered?
- History in Brief
- Finding Common Ground
- Silents, Boomers, X’ers, Y’s, Millennials, and Gen Z
- Recruiting that Bridges the Gap
- Pre-Assignment Review
- Creative Solutions
- The Value of Planning
- Developing Targeted Retention Strategies
- What We Really Want
Duration: 8 Hours
- Identify where the generation gap issue surfaces, and the impact it has on the modern workforce
- Describe and apply language that is specific to each generation currently in the workplace
- Explore organisation strategies that overcome gap issues
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialised manual and course materials
- Personalised certificate of completion
- Just your enthusiasm!
Vendor since 2017
Our mission is to change the landscape and expectations of what it means to be a leader in a modern workplace.
We will do this by ensuring our values shine through in every opportunity and ensuring everyone we come into contact with feels HEARD – Honoured, Engaged, Acknowledged, Respected and Delighted.
The vision for our organisation is to actively serve those organisations around the world who share our commitment to leading with integrity and who truly believe their value is in the engagement of their people.