Lean principles have come a long way over the past 300 years. From Benjamin Franklin’s early ideas to Henry Ford’s work in the 1920’s and the Toyoda Precepts in the 1930’s to Jeffery Liker’s publication of The Toyota Way in 2004, Lean processes have evolved from a simple concept to a set of widely used best practices. This two-day course will give participants the foundation to begin implementing Lean process improvement tools in their workplace.
What Topics are Covered?
- Understanding Lean
- The Toyota Production System
- The Toyota Production System House
- The five critical improvement concepts
- Understanding value with the Kano Model
- Types of waste
- Creating a Lean enterprise
- The Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) cycle
- Using the R-DMAIC-S model
- Lean thinking tools
- Kaizen events
- Data gathering and mapping
- A plan to take home
Duration: 2 x 8 Hours
- Define Lean and its key terms
- Describe the Toyota Production System and the TPS house
- Describe the five critical improvement concepts
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialised manual and course materials
- Personalised certificate of completion
- Just your enthusiasm!
Vendor since 2017
Our mission is to change the landscape and expectations of what it means to be a leader in a modern workplace.
We will do this by ensuring our values shine through in every opportunity and ensuring everyone we come into contact with feels HEARD – Honoured, Engaged, Acknowledged, Respected and Delighted.
The vision for our organisation is to actively serve those organisations around the world who share our commitment to leading with integrity and who truly believe their value is in the engagement of their people.