AUSLAN LEVEL 1 DVD (produced in November 2013)
The Auslan Level 1 DVD covers 18 category of signs and teaches over 300 Auslan signs along with 70 set sentences. You will also learn about Auslan grammar. This is based on my community level 1 course and is designed for:
- Students attending the community based Auslan courses
- Individuals and families wanting to learn Auslan at home in their own time
- For people in rural and remote Australia who are unable to access community courses
- You can view a preview of the DVD here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8PDDhoNx8
The DVD contains voice, captions and Auslan signing.
Additionally the DVD contains:
1) Over 290 signs from the following categories;
Questions, Alphabet (left and right hand) Numbers (including date, time, age and money) Money, Greetings, Common phrases, Instructions, Timelines, Family, Emotion, Food and drink, In the Community, Social activities, Transport, Animals, Colours, Australian states and some countries
2) Plus the alphabet (both left and right handed)
3) Numbers (including dates, times, ages)
4) Information about Auslan grammar
5) 3–5 sentences to practice at the end of most categories
6) 15 sentences to respond to as a test at the end of the DVD (end of week 6)
The course workbook on the USB is the workbook we use in the classroom and contains;
1) Grammar information (additional to what is on the DVD)
2) All the photos of each sign on the DVD (each photo contains arrows showing the movement of the hands)
3) Additional sentences at the end of each signing category to practice with
4) You can print from the USB and make your own hardcopy if you prefer
5) A list of all the signs (a full list of signs by week and an alphabetical list is included)
A-Z OF EVERYDAY AUSLAN SIGNS DVD (produced in November 2011 and available as an app from 1st November 2016)
The Auslan A-Z of Everyday Auslan Signs DVD is like a dictionary of Auslan signs. You can view a short 3 minute clip here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0GM8xZI7v0
The DVD contains over 1350 everyday Auslan signs. There is a searchable index. Look for the word - "Auslan". Go to "A" then search for 'Auslan' then click on the word and watch it signed twice; slow speed then again in normal speed. (alongside the person signing is the actual word "Auslan".
This DVD is for people wanting to learn specific signs or have completed level 1 and want to learn additional signs (there are signs in this DVD that have previously been taught in level 1).
The advantage of this DVD over a photograph dictionary of Auslan signs is that you can see how the signs move so you can copy them ACCURATELY rather than guessing how to sign them from a 2D photograph.
Both DVD's give you the skills to communicate in Auslan and along with the email workbook are also a fantastic resource as an Auslan student.
AUSLAN FOR CHILDREN DVD (produced in 2007 - also available as an app from June 2016)
This DVD is an older DVD but still a good one. All 350 signs across 19 categories such as alphabet, numbers, greetings, pleasantries, families, transport, colors, animals, emotions, instructions, food and drink for example are signed with voiceover by a 9 yo girl. This DVD is aimed at families with young children and babies wanting a simple introduction to Auslan signs so they can learn together and share it as a family.
This DVD is also a great introduction to Auslan signs for schools, disability organisations, group homes and for university students wanting an introduction to Auslan signs.
On this DVD, unlike the Level 1 DVD, there are no grammatical information. This is simply a set of signs within a set of categories.
Work at your own pace in this easy to learn from Auslan DVD (now a USB as we have sold out our 500 original copies). With friends and family you can enjoy learning a new language very quickly and be signing within minutes :)
- Learn to communicate in Auslan
- Gain an understanding of the grammar used in Auslan
- Be able to communicate with Auslan users on a basic level
- Auslan level 1 DVD now available as a USB (with a complimentary free workbook - valued at $19.99)
- Covers over 18 category of signs - approximately 300 signs and over 70 set sentences to practice with
- USB has voiceover, captions and Auslan signing
- The workbook is 83 pages and includes all the grammar information, sentences and photos of signs contained in the USB
- go to 'learnAuslan' in your itunes or android store
- The Auslan level 1 course USB is based on our original 6 week (12 hours) Auslan course
- The desire to learn Auslan
- Time to practice on a daily basis
Professionals, Individuals, students and families wanting to learn Auslan throughout Australia.
Vendor sincce 2015
In 2005 The Auslan Company was established by myself, Darren Roberts. Today we are the largest provider of Auslan Community and Workplace Auslan Professional Development Training courses in Australia.
The Auslan Company is the only Auslan Training Organisation that is owned and run by Deaf people in Australia.
We hope that you enjoy coming to our courses and learning to communicate in Auslan :)
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY :)
Auslan Course Policy
The Auslan Company is dedicated to providing all students with an opportunity to learn Auslan. To do this, we require enrolments of between 11 and 20 people to allow for the best interaction and effective learning in class.
To ensure The Auslan Company can continue to provide excellent tuition at cost effective prices it is important that late enrolments and course withdrawals are limited.
Enrolments and Payments
The Auslan Company’s preferred payment option is via Weteachme (visa/mastercard). However if this is not suitable please contact us for other arrangements. We can organise invoices especially if several people are enrolling through an organisation.
The Auslan Company accepts enrolment and payment right up to the closing date.
All late enrolments, within 5 days of course commencement, must be accompanied with payment via visa/mastercard.
If a workplace requires an invoice for a staff member, please contact The Auslan Company with a purchase order number and contact details. This must be completed prior to enrolment closing.
If a student wishes to withdraw from a course, The Auslan Company will need to receive an emailed notification at least 3 working days prior to the close of enrolments. This will then entitle the person to a full refund.
Late withdrawals, within 5 days of close of enrolments can occur and The Auslan Company understands that changes to personal circumstances can develop. Please contact us in regards to refund arrangements.
The Auslan Company reserves the right to cancel any course at any time.
All students will be contacted if this is to occur. The Auslan Company will offer a full refund to all enrolled students and if there is another course locally going ahead they have the opportunity to be enrolled in that course and their enrolment information will be changed by The Auslan Company.
*Concession refers to any TAFE or University students at the time of enrolment and any person on a Government benefits card. Proof of concession must be shown to the course teacher in the first class.
For a full list of Frequently Asked Questions about our courses please go to - http://www.learnauslan.com.au/faqs/