Learn to communicate with deaf and hard of hearing people in this fun and practical community based 1 day / 6 hour Auslan (Beginners) course.
Through games, activities, group and pair work you will develop the ability to sign in a range of social and workplace settings.
The Auslan (Beginners) course is the perfect opportunity to begin your journey into learning Auslan and about the Deaf Community.
All of our teachers are either Native Deaf or qualified Auslan teachers who currently also teach in schools, workplaces and in the community. We are all passionate about teaching Auslan and making sure you enjoy learning Auslan.
As part of the course you will receive a course workbook with pictures of every sign taught in the course, along with set sentences to practice signing with. You will also receive a Certificate of Attendance with the course level and number of hours you have undertaken.
At the end of the 6 hour / 1 day course you then have the opportunity to learn Auslan (Intermediate) when we hold another 1 day / 6 hour PD workshop within 3-4 weeks.
Some of the categories of signs that we will teach you in the Auslan (Beginners) course: Questions, Greetings, Deaf Related, Phrases, Instructions, Numbers, Family, Emotions, Community, Timelines, Colours, Animals, Transport, In the workplace.
Saturday 9th September from 9.30am to 4pm. (Course payment can be paid off in instalments if requested. Please email Darren at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information as to how to set this up :) )
- Communicate with deaf and hard of hearing people in this fun and practical community based course.
- Develop the ability to sign in a range of social and workplace settings.
- The ability to use Auslan signs with people with a disability who use Key Word signing to communicate (we explain the simple differences :))
- Morning and afternoon tea provided
- Games and activities plus pair and group work make this a fun, practical and interactive course
- Grammer information will explain the nuances of Auslan including the grammatical signing differences between Auslan and Key Word Signing
- All students will receive an emailed Certificate of Attendance upon completion of the course
- Over 30 set sentences to put into practice what you learn through the day
- The course is taught by a deaf teacher who is verbal to make learning Auslan easier (Darren)
- Learn over 250 + signs across 15+ different categories such as Greetings / Questions / Information / Instructions / Family / Emotions
- The ability to communicate with a signing deaf person in a range of social and workplace settings
- The passion to learn Auslan language.
- Writing materials - pen and notebook
- Your lunch - please inform us of any dietary requirements for morning and afternoon tea
Specialist school staff, primary and high school staff as well as all support staff, parents of students in schools or in childcare or kindergarten, university or TAFE students, interested people,disability organisation staff.
Vendor sincce 2015
In 2005 The Auslan Company was established by myself, Darren Roberts. Today we are the largest provider of Auslan Community and Workplace Auslan Professional Development Training courses in Australia.
The Auslan Company is the only Auslan Training Organisation that is owned and run by Deaf people in Australia.
We hope that you enjoy coming to our courses and learning to communicate in Auslan :)
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY :)
Auslan Course Policy
The Auslan Company is dedicated to providing all students with an opportunity to learn Auslan. To do this, we require enrolments of between 11 and 20 people to allow for the best interaction and effective learning in class.
To ensure The Auslan Company can continue to provide excellent tuition at cost effective prices it is important that late enrolments and course withdrawals are limited.
Enrolments and Payments
The Auslan Company’s preferred payment option is via Weteachme (visa/mastercard). However if this is not suitable please contact us for other arrangements. We can organise invoices especially if several people are enrolling through an organisation.
The Auslan Company accepts enrolment and payment right up to the closing date.
All late enrolments, within 5 days of course commencement, must be accompanied with payment via visa/mastercard.
If a workplace requires an invoice for a staff member, please contact The Auslan Company with a purchase order number and contact details. This must be completed prior to enrolment closing.
If a student wishes to withdraw from a course, The Auslan Company will need to receive an emailed notification at least 3 working days prior to the close of enrolments. This will then entitle the person to a full refund.
Late withdrawals, within 5 days of close of enrolments can occur and The Auslan Company understands that changes to personal circumstances can develop. Please contact us in regards to refund arrangements.
The Auslan Company reserves the right to cancel any course at any time.
All students will be contacted if this is to occur. The Auslan Company will offer a full refund to all enrolled students and if there is another course locally going ahead they have the opportunity to be enrolled in that course and their enrolment information will be changed by The Auslan Company.
*Concession refers to any TAFE or University students at the time of enrolment and any person on a Government benefits card. Proof of concession must be shown to the course teacher in the first class.
For a full list of Frequently Asked Questions about our courses please go to - http://www.learnauslan.com.au/faqs/