Purpose isn’t just a nice-to-have, it’s good for business.
Now, more than ever, businesses are placing an increased emphasis on turning that talk into action. And the reason is clear — Consumers are more likely to choose a product that is driven by a social mission; young employees are seeking to work in places with meaning; and investors are increasingly concerned with sustainability and wellbeing.
So how can startups look at embedding impact into their models? And is social impact and return truly mutually exclusive?
Join us as we dig deeper into answering this and more with Rachel Yang, Partner at Giant Leap, Australia first 100% impact venture capital fund. Rachel is also the Co-Chair of Startup Victoria and carries years of experience across management consulting, corporate finance, and non-profit organisations.
We’ll be unpacking:
The world of impact investment
Pursuing purpose as a sound business decision
Mechanisms for sustained impact
What you will learn
- Attendees will learn more about impact investment, pursuing purpose as a sound business decision, and mechanisms for sustained impact.
What you will get
What to bring
What to wear
The session is suited to startup founders looking to pursue purpose and embed impact in their business models.
LUNA is a full-service Startup Studio that brings a suite of legal and financial services, and purpose-built learning and development programs to founders who are looking to do things a little differently.
Our uniquely-cultivated network opens up invaluable parts of the startup ecosystem (including investors) to support you in launching, scaling, pitching for investment, and beyond.
LUNA Startup Studio has an average rating of 1.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, LUNA Startup Studio requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. LUNA Startup Studio has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. LUNA Startup Studio does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with LUNA Startup Studio to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by LUNA Startup Studio, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at LUNA Startup Studio or organised by LUNA Startup Studio must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by LUNA Startup Studio
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give LUNA Startup Studio unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at LUNA Startup Studio classes and events or on LUNA Startup Studio premises. (For use of LUNA Startup Studio marketing materials).
LUNA Startup Studio requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by LUNA Startup Studio, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.