Beginners to Advance
- Timeslots of weekends (2 days 1 night), 3, 4 to 7 days, as proposed by the teacher.
- During school term, weekends as well as holiday period.
- Minimum of 8 pax and up to 14 students per class. Complimentary for one teacher for a min of 10 pax.
Courses here are from beginners to advance. Our highly qualified language consultant will tailor-make a program based on an open communication with your French teacher to best fulfil your needs, and you will be well satisfied by Maison de Ste. Claire’s programs. Not only will we provide the course workbooks, but you will also go home with a personalised CD for phonetic work (for senior students only).
Adult and youth groups are never hosted at the same time unless in a group of families and friends.
The morning starts with a delicious French or continental breakfast. This is followed by an intensive four-hour French lesson, with a morning-tea break. Lunches and dinners are mainly two to three-course meals, with provincial cuisines from throughout France. The type of food is of course, seasonal and we cater for specific dietary requirement whenever applicable.
Afternoon activities varies, which could include gardening, planting rainforest trees, role play, revision, lab work, playing pétanque, swimming in the pool, French cooking, bush walking, watching French Musicals or simply relaxing in this beautiful environment. We encourage our students to converse in French throughout the day, in a very relaxed atmosphere.
Evening activities include watching French movies (subtitled in French), indoor games, Bal Musette or listening to french music and musicals.
- Highly qualified language consultant will tailor-make a program based
- French teacher to best fulfil your needs, and you will be well satisfied by Maison de Ste. Claire’s programs.
- Course workbooks, but you will also go home with a personalised CD for phonetic work (for senior students only).
- Fully-residential French School Camps at la Maison de Sainte Claire
- Complimentary for one teacher for a minimum of 10 students.
- Evening activities include watching French movies (subtitled in French), indoor games, Bal Musette or listening to french music and musicals.
- Your interest to learn!
Beginners to Advance
Vendor since 2015
Gilles and Zarina Berger have created la Maison de St Claire to share their love of the best of French language and culture. In April 2000, Gilles and Zarina left the rat-race life they were leading, good jobs and house by the beach in Sydney, to live harmoniously with nature in a healthy environment, becoming self-efficient and eating fresh organic food. Bringing the expertise they both have and desiring to share their love of the Australian natural environment and promote the French culture and linguistic diversity of the world they brought la Maison de St Claire into being. Gilles and Zarina have three children, Adérina , Arman and Angéline.
Your Host, Manager of Linguistics and Primary on-line French Program Designer
Gilles Berger was born in Grandvillars, France, and migrated to Australia in 1986 for a post as a lecturer at Sydney University. He has a Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree and Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics and a Bachelors Degree in French Law. He also completed his PHD in applied linguistics receiving High distinction (Sciences du langage) His teaching experience is vast, with more than 20 years at the Centre of Applied Linguistics (CLA), University of Besançon, France, University of Sydney and Sydney Grammar School. He has also conducted workshops in French Learning for Specific Purposes, for business and private organisations. Gilles has created teaching materials that are used in schools and has published two novels. He just finished his PhD in applied linguistics (Sciences du langage) at the University of Franche-Comté, Besançon, France.