ADULTS | Group Sewing Workshops
(+6 more dates)
- Skill Level 2 plus - Competent Beginner and above: Attendees must be able to thread and operate a sewing machine & sew secure and accurate seams without guidance.
Have a garment project you want to start but don’t quite know how?
Got a half-finished garment you have been meaning to complete?
Need some help understanding what the sewing instructions mean?
These 2-hour evening workshops are ideal if you’ve got a sewing project you want to work on, and would like a little guidance.
Take advantage of the studio setup, use the sewing tools, pressing tools and cutting tables, while in air-conditioned comfort.
Group Sewing Workshops are not suitable for absolute beginners – attendees must be comfortable threading and operating a sewing machine on their own.
Learn how to use a sewing machine in ADULTS | Sewing 1: Machine Basics
or in the ADULTS | Beginner Sewing Course
Attendees to Sit & Sew Sunday events are expected to work independently on their own projects.
No formal instruction is provided during the event.
What you will learn
- This is a freestyle event, there's no structured instruction in this workshop
- The teacher is on hand to help
What you will get
- Come along each week to work on your project at your own pace
- Use the studio space and tools
- Work in an air conditioned studio
The studio is located at a private suburban residence, East of Norris Road.
Street address is included in the confirmation email once attendees have booked.
On-street parking is available
The studio is a 10 minute walk from the North Point Tafe Bus Stops [003167 & 003168]
Route 326: Carseldine, Sandgate, Taigum Shops, Geebung, Toombul
Route 330: Cultural Centre, Roma St, RBWH, Chermside, Bracken Ridge
Route P331: City, Spring Hill, RBWH, Chermside, Zillmere, Bracken Ridge
After-School Bus Services
Route 962: Aspley High, Carseldine, Bracken Ridge, Taigum
Route 994: St John Fisher College, Sandgate, Boondall, Bracken Ridge
Route 998: Bracken Ridge, Sandgate High, Strathpine Interchange
What to bring
- Attendees need to bring their own project supplies – such as patterns, fabrics, threads, zips, buttons etc.
What to wear
Enclosed shoes must be worn throughout the class
Suitable for advanced beginners with previous sewing experience.
Bringing Your Own Sewing Machine?
Bernina, Brother, Elna, Husqvarna, Janome, Pfaff, Singer machines are welcome. No mini, toy & handheld. Otherwise, contact before booking.
Make It Nifty holds sewing and dressmaking classes in Bracken Ridge 30 minutes North of Brisbane CBD.
At Make It Nifty students are taught sewing techniques and knowledge while having a good time.
Students are encouraged to “give it a go”; progress is better than perfection. Students should leave class feeling happy that they have tried something new; proud that they made something with their own two hands and skill, and confident they could do it again.
Make It Nifty is a (very) small private business that was started in 2015 on Vanessa’s dining table.
Make It Nifty is now located in a studio space on the ground floor of Vanessa’s home in Bracken Ridge.
Make It Nifty - Beginner & Garment Sewing Classes has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 15 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$35.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 8 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Make It Nifty or organised by Make It Nifty must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Make It Nifty
By registering for a class/event, Students/Attendees and Parents/Guardians agree to release and hold harmless Make It Nifty, its representatives and employees, for any accident that may occur to a Students/Attendees while attending any activities held by Make It Nifty.
- Activities at Make It nifty include risks that may lead to injury.
- Sewing includes the use of machines, needles, scissors, irons and other tools and substances that may cause property damage, injury, death or other harm.
- Students/Attendees must behave in a safe and sensible manner.
- If Students/Attendees behave in a way that endagers themselves or others they will be removed from the class/event.
- If Students/Attendees are removed due to their behaviour their class/event fee is forfeited.
- If Young Students/Attendees are removed from a class/event their Parent/Guardian will be contacted to collect them immediately.
1.1.) MEDICAL EVENT
By registering for a class/event, Students/Attendees and Parents/Guardians give permission for first aid and/or medical treatment to be given to the Students/Attendees they have registered if the need arises, and to the pay costs that are associated with said first aid and/or medical treatment.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Make It Nifty unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Make It Nifty classes and events or on Make It Nifty premises. (For use of Make It Nifty marketing materials).
- Make It Nifty may take photos and/or videos of Students/Attendees and their projects during a class/event.
- These photos, video and sound may be used online and in printed or digital marketing and/or social media platforms.
- By registering for a class/event, Students/Attendees and Parents/Guardians are agreeing to the picture and/or sound of Students/Attendees being used by Make It Nifty without granting additional permissions and without compensation.
3.) ATTENDANCE EXPECTATIONS
- Classes/events begin at the scheduled start time.
- Students/Attendees are expected to arrive between 10 and 5 minutes before the start time so they are ready for the scheduled start time.
- To avoid disruptions to the class/event, Students/Attendees are no longer permitted to join the class/event 15 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- If Students/Attendees arrive more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time or don’t attend at all, they forfeit their class/event fee.
- Students/Attendees are not given refunds or credit if they miss part of a class/event or an entire class/event in a series of class/events.
- Make It Nifty endeavours for classes/events to finish at the scheduled end time.
- However, class/event times are just an indication only, you may finish before or after the finishing time.
- Parents/Guardians are required to pick up their child/ward promptly at the end of a class/event as there is no after-hours care for Youth Students/Attendees.
- If Youth Students have not been collected within 10 minutes of class/event scheduled end time Parents/Guardians will be billed for the time elapsed since the scheduled end time for the class/event, at the rate of $2.50 per minute.