Painting for Beginners (North Perth)
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
Absolute Beginners: You’ve never EVER painted before, but you’re curious, maybe even a bit scared. You don’t have a clue where to begin. This one day intensive painting class will be perfect for you!
Now And Then Dabblers: You paint ‘a little’ from time to time. You love it, but you never seem to have the time to learn ‘properly’. Painting seems to be an indulgence, where’s the time for it? No worries – my seven step process and intensive but fun approach will give you ‘proper’ structure to build your practice around!
WHAT IS THIS WORKSHOP ABOUT?
Have you ever looked longingly at a beautiful piece of art, and thought, “I wish I could do that, but I don’t have a creative bone in my body!” Or are weekly art classes impossible, because you just can’t spare the time?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’, then you’re in the right place, Painting for Beginners was actually designed for you!
This is a ONE DAY intensive, where you learn my unique seven step process to create beautiful, strong, abstract paintings from scratch – even if the last time you painted, your mum said, “that’s lovely, darling!” and popped it on the fridge.
The day is packed with content, insanely busy and so much fun! You will be guided along one of the many pathways to creating art, and totally surprise yourself at just how much you learn in just ONE day. (And best of all – no need to buy anything – just rock up with nothing but your lunch, as ALL materials, along with extensive notes, are provided). Just watch the video below to take a peek right into my workshop and I hope to see you there!
- How to paint from 'absolute zero' - complete beginners are my favourite!
- My unique seven step process to create beautiful, layered, textured abstract paintings
- My secret tips and tricks for creating textural effects
- Early bird pricing still available!
- Four beautiful, textured paintings of your OWN to take home
- Comprehensive notes that cover every step so you can continue your learning at home
- The amazing feeling of joy and vitality that using your creativity UNLEASHES!
- EVERYTHING is provided, no need to buy ANY art materials!
- Your lunch
Casual, comfy clothes that don't mind a few paint splashes!
Vendor since 2013
“Life is a big canvas; throw all the paint on it you can!” -D. Kaye
Hi there, I’m Malini, scientist-turned-artist/writer/teacher. I’m delighted you stopped by :) If you’re here because you’ve heard of my unique art workshops for beginners, you're in the right place!
SO ... Is this you?
Have you ever gazed longingly at a beautiful work of abstract art, and thought, “I wish I could do that, but I don’t have a creative bone in my body!” Do you yearn to express your creativity, but you just don’t know how? Are weekly art classes impossible, because you just can’t spare the time? Yes, yes and yes? Well then, things may be about to change for you!
PAINTING FOR BEGINNERS - the ONE DAY INTENSIVE is for...
The ABSOLUTE BEGINNER: You’re the one that’s always been curious about your artistic side, but you haven’t a clue where to begin. Or the one that’s never had the time to attend weekly art classes. Or perhaps it all seems too overwhelming … maybe you feel you’ve left it too late to learn. Hey, I designed this workshop for YOU! In one jam-packed, fun day, you’ll lose that fear of the unknown. And learn absolutely heaps. I’ve got you covered!
The NOW-AND-THEN-DABBLER: So you paint a little. But you love it a lot! And you dream of one day learning how to do it all ‘properly’. Now’s your chance. Use my seven step process to give you some clear structure. Let my intensive but oh-so-fun approach invigorate you. You’ll be painting with more purpose and passion in no time!
I meet hundreds of wonderful, worried, would-be creatives in my workshops.And in just ONE DAY, I fill their hearts and hands with possibilities! It’s an insanely busy day, full of laughs and love, and the beautiful art that emerges is just spectacular. This event that began in my backyard just a few years ago, with five young folk who were keen to learn to paint has now grown into my consuming passion and helped transform the lives of so many people. It is an incredible honour to be part of another’s creative journey, and that delight I witness in my students as they rediscover their creativity… aaah, it makes my heart sing :)
Thank you for your interest in me and my work. It would be my honour to make a difference in your life, and help unlock your creativity!
You have so much joy ahead of you :)
I lovingly prepare materials for EACH student in advance, so if you can’t make it:
- If there is insufficient time to fill your place, there will be a cancellation fee of 50% of the workshop fee.
- If you cancel at the very last minute due to emergencies or illness, I will pop you into another class with no cancellation fee.
- 'NO SHOWS' (who don't contact me) won't be refunded or re-scheduled!
- But really, I am accommodating and flexible and I WANT you to be there, so just give me enough notice (one week minimum) and I’ll cheerfully re-schedule you into another class. :-)