Matokie Clay Club is a regular session for people to come and create work in a small group setting. Casual or regular attendance is available, and prior ceramics experience is not essential.These sessions will suit people who would benefit from access to a space, tools and equipment, who wish to gain inspiration and ideas from others.
Matokie Clay Club is hosted by Felicity Law, a contemporary ceramicist and arts educator. Felicity will provide assistance and guidance to the level required for each person. Firing is an extra charge, charged at $9 per kilo for finished work
- Learn fundamental skills in handbuilt ceramics, including slabs, pinching and coiling
- Learn how to construct functional and sculptural ceramic pieces
- Explore endless surface treatments using glazes, engobes, slips
- Clay, glazes, use of tools and equipment
- Assistance and guidance with individual projects
- Beautiful handmade ceramics to take home
- Just enthusiasm!
Casual (Warning: this might get messy)
Open to everyone interested!
Vendor since 2018
Matokie Clay Studio is a home based, creative and welcoming ceramics studio in West Preston hosted by Felicity Law. Felicity is a Melbourne based contemporary ceramicist , arts educator and musician who for the past three years has studied with the wonderful Shane Kent from SOCA (School of Clay and Art). Felicity remains engaged with SOCA’s studio program. Felicity has established Matokie Clay Studio where she teaches ceramic arts to people of all ages and abilities. Felicity provides technical and mentoring support to Melbourne based visual artists wishing to gain skills in ceramics and expand their arts practice.