How to Meditate Workshop
The How to Meditate Workshop is a condensed form of our Learn to Meditate Course. It’s designed as an introduction to meditation and will help you get started with a range of simple, practical techniques.Workshops are particularly suitable if you can’t come to regular classes, if the next term is too far away, or if you just want to get a taste of what meditation is before committing to a full course.
What styles of meditation are taught at the workshop?
The workshop focuses on teaching you the fundamental skills of meditation, using forms of meditation that are simple to understand, enjoyable, pragmatic and results oriented. We teach a range of techniques, focusing on those that experience has shown to be most effective for the greatest variety of people. Our intention is to help you to discover the ways of meditating that suit your particular needs, temperament and lifestyle. We aren’t affiliated with any particular religious or spiritual tradition but draw on techniques and strategies from both traditional and contemporary sources, utilizing the tried and tested ‘standards’ as well as the latest insights from psychology and neuroscience.
- What meditation is, how it works and how to do it.
- Half a dozen mindfulness exercises you can use for relaxation and clarity of mind; whenever you want and wherever you are.
- Simple meditations you can use to trigger rapid relaxation or even sleep, and an appreciation for the key principles of meditation and how to apply them.
- A practial, no-nonsense introduction to meditation and mindfulness.
- Expert tuition from an expert coach.
- Just yourself. There are no special requirements, though some people like to bring a pen and paper to jot down notes.
- You may also like to bring a bottle of water.
Vendor since 2016
The Melbourne Meditation Centre runs regular meditation and mindfulness courses, workshops and retreats in several convenient locations around Melbourne and Geelong.
Our focus is on teaching meditation and mindfulness as simple, practical skills. We’ll teach you how and why meditation works, introduce you to a wide range of techniques that you can use on the go – wherever and whenever you are – and help you find innovative ways to adapt meditation to your own needs.
Meditation practiced this way is surprisingly easy and enjoyable.