- Jan 14, 2017 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Jan 21, 2017 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
What You Will Learn
- You will learn about the basics of food styling for photography and tips and tricks to preparing food for the ideal shot
- Learn basic presentation skills for preparing for a shoot, prop research and sourcing methods, food styling kit and tools of the trade
- Get an overview of the Food Industry and work on a brief through to completed job ,
What You Get
- Learn options for training and other pathways you could take after completing this course.
- You will be awarded with a Certificate of Participation
The Stylist Short Course is a 2-day intensive for aspiring food stylists to give you all the tips and insight you need to make styling your career.
Being a food stylist is hard work. It’s long hours. Crazy schedules.
But being a food stylist is also incredibly rewarding. It’s a career that can literally take you anywhere. From being the creative stylist behind on cookbooks to some of the biggest names in the industry, to styling for television comercials cookbooks and magazines.
The Stylist Short Course in Food takes you behind the scenes with veteran stylist Bianca Christoff in an intimate weekend workshop where you’ll get practical advice and hands-on experience to make styling your career.
About this Short Course
The Stylist Short Course is designed to introduce you to the skills, knowledge and insight you’ll need to become a food stylist. This workshop is essential if you’ve ever considered becoming a food stylist. You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at just what’s involved in preparing a product for the perfect shot.
Get an insight into the main industry areas, discover the important roles that you’ll encounter as a food stylist, consider what pathway is right for you and, of course, find out those tips and learnings that most stylists only learn on the job.
You’ll also get to experience exactly what it’s like to work on a food shoot – from deciphering the brief, to sourcing props, right through to getting the styled look just right. You’ll leave the two-day workshop with a deeper insight into the styling industry, and a photograph of your styled look that you can use to start your portfolio.
Over Two Days You’ll Learn
An Introduction to Food Styling as a Career
- Learn the ins-and-outs of the industry and the different pathways you can take
- Freelancing versus agencies versus in-house stylists – the pros and cons of each
- Busting the stylist myths (it’s not all glitz and glamour)
- Who you may work with – photographers, art directors, designers, managers, editors, chefs, brand directors and more
How a Food Stylist Works
- An overview of styling mood boards
- Working to a brief, how to break it down and figuring out your target audience
- Research and styling to trends
Food Styling 101
- Learn the step-by-step of styling a shoot (it doesn’t all happen on the day)
- Get the low-down on sourcing props for your shoot and how and where to source props
- Client budget is tiny? No problem. You’ll find out how and where to source props and items on any budget (and the tricks to make cheap items look super-expensive)
Fod Styling Tweaks & Touches
- Find out the essentials you’ll need to have in your stylist kit (never go to a shoot without these!)
- Learn exactly what goes into making a product look just so good –itheres a lot more to it than you might think
Create Your Own Styled Look
- Put everything you’ve learned so far into action. You’ll create your own styled look from start to finish. Decipher the brief, figure out what props you’ll need and put together the finish look for photographing.
- You’ll leave with an image that you can use to start your stylist portfolio
Notify Me of New Dates Gift This Class See yourself here?Book soon. 406 peopleviewed this class.