This class is recommended for those with no little or no experience with baking and decorating cookies. You will be introduced to some essential baking techniques, and understand some important principles in baking.
This course covers:
- Baking techniques (reducing spreading/even thickness)
- Making royal icing (demonstration)
- Introduction to outlining and flooding
- Wet on wet techniques
- Decorating basic shapes with multiple colours
- Decorating stages
- Drying/storing/shelf life
- Allergy adaptations
Note: The designs pictured are examples and may not necessarily be taught on the day. A minimum of 8-9 different designs will be taught.
A light lunch is included.
Duration: 5 Hours
- Learn and understand baking techniques such as reducing spreading/even thickness
- Watch a demonstration of making royal icing
- Learn the basics of flooding cookies with royal icing
- Recipe booklet, which includes recipes for the Miss Biscuit vanilla base, gingerbread base and royal icing
- Access to our private Facebook group. Get ongoing support/advice, share success/failures with over 800 people interacting in the group!
- Expert tuition from an experienced instructor
- Take home a gorgeous box of 8 completed cookie designs
- Just your enthusiasm!
Vendor sincce 2017
We are a retail front selling decorated cookies, gifts, homewares and cookie decorating supplies including a huge wall of cookie cutters with hundreds of cutter designs. We regularly host cookie decorating and cake decorating classes for both adults and children in our numerous teaching spaces.
We would love for you to come and visit us in Seddon. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get updates on what’s happening!