This is a 1 day workshop where you will learn two fabrication techniques working with smalti or marble.
You will learn how to draw a self-portrait by exploring the mathematics of the face. Other topics covered include colour theory and the elements of design, which are integral techniques in visual design which can applied to other mosaic projects.
Saturday 13 February 2016 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- How to prepare your self-portraiture drawing into a design that is ready to be translated into a mosaic artwork.
- How to draw a self-portrait by exploring the mathematics of the face. How to cut smalti and marble.
- Learn about the art of colour theory, in particular tonal value to create the illusion of depth.
- A self-portrait you have drawn
- Mosaic artwork of your self-portrait you have begun in class
- You will come away with a variety of resources (books, videos, articles) that will guide and inspire your art making journey.
- You will have access to purchase additional mosaic materials from our studio storeroom.
- Discount Offer for Students - As a student of The Studio of Spontaneous Creativity, if you purchase your art materials from Tilly’s Art & Supplies in Rozelle, you will receive a 10% student discount – just make sure to mention the studio when you go!
- Smalti (bring your own or purchase from us – we have supplies of Italian, Chinese and Mexican Smalti available for sale)
- Tile Cutters (bring your own, or purchase from us)
- Millefiori (bring your own or purchase from us)
- A4 unruled journal for drawing and taking notes
- 2B pencils
- Glue stick
- Cut out photographs of faces from magazines, or print them off from the internet (please bring at least 6 images – A5 size, combination of colour and black & white images)
- Nourishment (lunch, snacks, water)
Vendor sincce 2015
Mosaic Art School of Sydney mosaic workshops and courses are suitable for students of all skill levels. Noula brings a joy of teaching into her studio and school. Her keystone calling is to facilitate your creative potential and to bring it to life. Her teaching weaves art, psychology, humour and imagination and of course the element of spontaneity! Students of Noula's art programs leave energised, inspired, joyful and wanting more from their lives.
Noula Diamantopoulos (http://nouladiamantopoulos.com) is the founding director of the Mosaic Art School of Sydney (MASS) and had been running mosaic workshops and courses in Sydney NSW since 1998. At that time her business was called Mosaic Madness. She is the Founder and current President of the Mosaic Association of Australia and New Zealand (MAANZ), which was established in 2002 and currently has close to 700 members. MAANZ hosts mosaic symposiums every two years.
Noula is also the Director of the Studio of Spontaneous Creativity (http://spontaneouscreativity.com.au) and The Corporate Buddha (http://thecorporatebuddha.com.au). She is an exhibiting artist and is represented by Artereal Gallery. She is also on the board of the Metavision Institute, where she received her qualifications in psychotherapy.
To be informed of school workshops and event updates, please subscribe to our free online newsletter at: http://mosaicartschoolofsydney.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=caeb0b86fa301940055355303&id=7418c5cfcd