Come along to the West Footscray Neighbourhood House to experience a free Musical Adventure for you and your baby or toddler during the holidays!
Our Pioneers classes help develop your child through joyful music making!
Your child's musical adventure starts as you and their teachers celebrate every moment of their participation or watching in the class. Together, you share a joyous world of gentle encouragement and an experience of high quality singing and instrumental music, structured in a way that sets your child up to succeed, learn and have fun at the same time.
Children learn so much more than music alone:
- Taking turns
- Listening skills
- Fine and gross motor skills
- And other life skills that support their early childhood development.
Further information about our classes and approach can be found on our website: www.musicaladventures.com.au
Please contact us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0425 814 123.
Kids aged 2.5 - 5 years are welcome to join our free come and try Explorers class:
- The fundamentals of music (beat, pitch, rhythm)
- Enhance their fine and gross motor skills
- Improve literacy, numeracy, teamwork, and so much more!
- A fun, holiday class to share the joy of music!
- Teachers who are qualified, professional music educators with a passion for Suzuki Early Childhood Music Education.
- Your enthusiasm!
Clothes in which you can dance, and sit comfortably on the floor
Appropriate for children aged 0 - 3 years and a grown up
Vendor since 2017
What makes Musical Adventures perfect for your little Adventurers?
By keeping group classes calm and nurturing, your child can learn best. We focus on creating beautiful sounds with our voices and instruments in a joyful environment.
Our classes are taught by qualified music teachers with more than 10 years experience each and a passion for Suzuki baby & toddler music education.
Teachers have expertise in teaching music as well as playing and performing. This means they are able to demonstrate beautiful tone and know how to help your child through their complete journey of developing musical skills.
What we do:
- Create a calm, friendly environment
- Spread the joy of music making
- Provide plenty of encouragement
- Honour the process of learning
- Celebrate every step.
Suzuki Educational Philosophy
Dr Shinichi Suzuki was a philosopher - as well as a violinist and educator. He observed the ways in which children learn their first language, and developed a successful approach to learning music which follows the same principles. He strove to teach the whole child through music, and to create happy, sensitive, high achieving people.
We follow this educational philosophy at Musical Adventures, and strongly believe that every child can achieve and develop musical skills. We celebrate every step, and create a calm, nurturing environment in which your child can learn best.
Dr Suzuki observed the way children learn their first language, and realised that every child learns how to speak their language to a very high standard in their own time. There isn’t a sense that ‘maybe English isn’t for my child, perhaps we’ll focus on Japanese instead’, we just accept that every child will get there in their own time.
Parents and caregivers greet each attempt at speech with joy and encouragement, and there is lots and lots of repetition! You naturally provide a rich language environment for your child to hear thousands of words before they can say any, rather than introducing only one word at a time. We follow this concept, and provide a rich musical environment for your child by playing lots of different, beautiful, musical instruments and singing lots of songs each class.
It’s also a great idea to play your CDs each day, as well as other music, so that you and your child can learn the songs and join in the classes comfortably without feeling shy about the words. They will learn so much from this broad musical vocabulary. Parents enjoy the connection that is created between the class and the home environment.
Book now to start your adventure!
Terms & Conditions of Enrolment.
By enrolling in classes, or for a trial, you are agreeing to the following:
- Enrolments are for one term at a time (or charged pro-rata if you enrol during the term).
- No cancellations or refunds are possible.
- Please ensure your child is always supervised at Musical Adventures venues, and no food or drink is brought into the lesson space.
- Let us know if you would like to bring an additional child or baby along to your class so we can ensure there is a place available, payment is required for each child in the class.
- If you are going to miss a class for any reason, please let us know in advance via email or phone. We aren’t able to provide a reduction in fees, but you are welcome to ‘make up’ the missed class by attending a class on a different day, if there is space (bookings are essential). These missed lessons can be made up at any point while your child in enrolled.
- Every child is welcome to one (1) free trial class.
- Timetable and venue may be subject to change.
- Images and videos of classes and concerts may be used on our website, advertising or for teacher training purposes.
- You may be emailed information about our classes. Don't worry, we promise not to spam you, we hate spam too!