Gone are the days where we would all wait for the sunny days to BBQ. We can now BBQ all year round with all the modern year round pergolas, verandas etc. with alot of modern homes now have an outdoor area fully undercover. BBQing is easy, quick, healthy and not much to clean afterwards.
In this class we will be talking about marinating meat, meat cuts, BBQ, grilling and of course wood fire oven cooking. For those who don't have a woodfire oven, I will be showing you how you can achieve the cooking process in your conventional oven.
On the BBQ we will be cooking my famous souvlaki (pork, lamb and chicken). We will be grilling Octopus and Quail (which will be our meze) and in the woodfire oven we will be cooking kleftiko (slow cooked lamb) with lemon/herb potatoes. While all of this is cooking outside, we will be making tzatziki, Greek salad and preparing the pitta bread for the souvlaki.
Please be aware, if the day is a total fire ban day and class will be cancelled and re-scheduled for an alternative date.
- Improve your kitchen skills
- Lean about Greek cuisine
- Make your own souvlaki.
- A sit down meal at the end of the class.
- Participation in the cooking is optional but advisable.
- One standard glass of quality wine, mineral water, coffee/tea.
- Recipes of food cooked on the day.
- An appetite
casual comfortable clothes and closed shoes.
Vendor sincce 2013
My name is Nicoletta (Niki) Louca and I look forward to assisting you learn about Greek cuisine and cooking. It is so much more than souvlaki and baklava.
From a very young age my sisters and I were always encouraged (actually forced) to learn to cook from our mother and grandmother. Growing up in a Greek-Cypriot household, it was "our duty" to learn to cook. We were taken to farms to get fresh milk,then take it back home to make fresh haloumi cheese and ‘anari’ – ricotta cheese.
I then decided I should do something with this passion, so I opened my own café and catering business from scratch. I did that for a number of years and have since sold the business. I am still involved with food, by way of private catering and private teaching in Greek cooking.
Please find a list of our Terms and Conditions below:
- Class sizes are limited so bookings are essential.
- Class durations are specified in each day
- Full payment must be made at least two weeks before the scheduled class.
- Places in the class are confirmed upon receipt of full payment on a first in first serve basis.
- Payment will not be refunded for cancellations made within ten days of the class commencing.
- Transfers to another class must be made ten days prior to the class that you were booked to attend.
- However, you are welcome to send someone in your place if you are unable to attend your class.
- If due to exceptional circumstances a scheduled class does not run we reserve the right to change the date of the class or to cancel it. A full refund will be given.
- Minimum of 6 people required to run classes.