There is no comparison of home made sweets to the ready bought. You will learn how easy it is to make things such as baklava, galatoboureko (custard in filo) and rizogalo (rice custard) with cinnamon.
Home made syrup is nowhere as sweet and certainly a lot fresher and custard is made using fresh ingredients instead of custard powder. You will be surprised how easy it is.
Our November/December Xmas classes we will be making kourabiedes, baklava and lokoumades - which are a must on the Christmas table.
- Improve your kitchen skills
- Make authentic Greek sweets
- Learn about Greek sweets
- One standard glass of quality wine, mineral water, coffee and tea.
- Participation in the cooking is optional but advisable.
- A sit down and enjoy the desserts we make with a coffee or a glass of wine.
- A sweet tooth
Casual comfortable clothes and closed shoes.
Vendor sincce 2013
My name is Nicoletta (Niki) Louca and I look forward to assisting you learn about Greek cuisine and cooking. It is so much more than souvlaki and baklava.
From a very young age my sisters and I were always encouraged (actually forced) to learn to cook from our mother and grandmother. Growing up in a Greek-Cypriot household, it was "our duty" to learn to cook. We were taken to farms to get fresh milk,then take it back home to make fresh haloumi cheese and ‘anari’ – ricotta cheese.
I then decided I should do something with this passion, so I opened my own café and catering business from scratch. I did that for a number of years and have since sold the business. I am still involved with food, by way of private catering and private teaching in Greek cooking.
Please find a list of our Terms and Conditions below:
- Class sizes are limited so bookings are essential.
- Class durations are specified in each day
- Full payment must be made at least two weeks before the scheduled class.
- Places in the class are confirmed upon receipt of full payment on a first in first serve basis.
- Payment will not be refunded for cancellations made within ten days of the class commencing.
- Transfers to another class must be made ten days prior to the class that you were booked to attend.
- However, you are welcome to send someone in your place if you are unable to attend your class.
- If due to exceptional circumstances a scheduled class does not run we reserve the right to change the date of the class or to cancel it. A full refund will be given.
- Minimum of 6 people required to run classes.