There is such a huge array of main dishes in the Greek cuisine that we cook everyday. Some are very simple and quick, others more time consuming.
The classes will vary in what we make - anything from Bulgur wheat pilaf with yoghurt, afelia (coriander pork with red wine), runner bean cassarole with chicken, calamari in red wine, stuffed squid, Psari Plaki, spanahorizo, papoutsakia, biftekia (greek hamburgers),souvlaki, - the list is endless. Seasonal ingredients will determine what we cook, but you will be advised at time of booking.
This class will take approximately 3 hours.
- Introduce you to different Greek dishes
- Improve your cooking repertoire
- Make a number of Greek main meals
- One standard glass of quality wine, mineral water, coffee and tea.
- A sit down meal at the end of the class.
- Participation in the cooking is optional but advisable.
- Recipes of all food cooked on the day.
casual comfortable clothes and closed shoes.
Vendor sincce 2013
My name is Nicoletta (Niki) Louca and I look forward to assisting you learn about Greek cuisine and cooking. It is so much more than souvlaki and baklava.
From a very young age my sisters and I were always encouraged (actually forced) to learn to cook from our mother and grandmother. Growing up in a Greek-Cypriot household, it was "our duty" to learn to cook. We were taken to farms to get fresh milk,then take it back home to make fresh haloumi cheese and ‘anari’ – ricotta cheese.
I then decided I should do something with this passion, so I opened my own café and catering business from scratch. I did that for a number of years and have since sold the business. I am still involved with food, by way of private catering and private teaching in Greek cooking.
Please find a list of our Terms and Conditions below:
- Class sizes are limited so bookings are essential.
- Class durations are specified in each day
- Full payment must be made at least two weeks before the scheduled class.
- Places in the class are confirmed upon receipt of full payment on a first in first serve basis.
- Payment will not be refunded for cancellations made within ten days of the class commencing.
- Transfers to another class must be made ten days prior to the class that you were booked to attend.
- However, you are welcome to send someone in your place if you are unable to attend your class.
- If due to exceptional circumstances a scheduled class does not run we reserve the right to change the date of the class or to cancel it. A full refund will be given.
- Minimum of 6 people required to run classes.