Everybody wants to know how to make these two dishes. They are popular with young and old. They are dishes you can prepare the day before and they last up to 5 days in the fridge. Both are favourites with my family and I always include one or both of them in any family gathering.
There are vegetarian versions of course, but in this class we will be making the traditional way using mince beef.
This class will take approximately 3 hours.
- Improve your Greek cooking
- Learn how to use new ingredients
- The traditional recipes for moussaka and pastichio
- One standard glass of quality wine, mineral water, coffee and tea.
- A sit down meal at the end of the class.
- Recipes cooked on the day
- An appetite
casual comfortable clothes and closed shoes.
Vendor since 2013
My name is Nicoletta (Niki) Louca and I look forward to assisting you learn about Greek cuisine and cooking. It is so much more than souvlaki and baklava.
From a very young age my sisters and I were always encouraged (actually forced) to learn to cook from our mother and grandmother. Growing up in a Greek-Cypriot household, it was "our duty" to learn to cook. We were taken to farms to get fresh milk,then take it back home to make fresh haloumi cheese and ‘anari’ – ricotta cheese.
I then decided I should do something with this passion, so I opened my own café and catering business from scratch. I did that for a number of years and have since sold the business. I am still involved with food, by way of private catering and private teaching in Greek cooking.
Please find a list of our Terms and Conditions below:
- Class sizes are limited so bookings are essential.
- Class durations are specified in each day
- Full payment must be made at least two weeks before the scheduled class.
- Places in the class are confirmed upon receipt of full payment on a first in first serve basis.
- Payment will not be refunded for cancellations made within ten days of the class commencing.
- Transfers to another class must be made ten days prior to the class that you were booked to attend.
- However, you are welcome to send someone in your place if you are unable to attend your class.
- If due to exceptional circumstances a scheduled class does not run we reserve the right to change the date of the class or to cancel it. A full refund will be given.
- Minimum of 6 people required to run classes.