Our community cooking their favourite dishes!
Join us for our Community Cooking group - this term online! We will have amazing members of our community cooking their favourite dishes and you will even get to meet some of our new staff!
Incredible, kid-friendly, vegetarian, meatballs and spaghetti with Libby
Sounds boring? We are yet to meet anyone who doesn't come back for seconds! Packed full of vitamins and minerals, any picky members of your family will be won over by the flavour - your kids will never have an excuse not to eat their veggies.
Week 2 - Vegan brekky
Find out how to cook a tasty, vegan breakfast fry up with our resident vegan chef!
Week 3 - Palastinian Babaganoush and Fasolila with Aheda
Aheda will show us how to cook some Palestinian favourites - we are looking forward to learning how to make the perfect Palestinian babaganoush and fasolia (stewed beans) with her special touches and ingredients. YUMMMM!
Week 4 - Kibbeh with Yogurt and Cucumber with Amne
The amazing Amne who leads our Arabic Women's group will show us how to make kibbeh with yoghurt and cucumber - kibbeh is a fine mince and bulgur (cracked wheat) dumpling that is out of this world! Make sure you catch this one!
Week 5 - Nommm Carrot Curry with Niro from Tamil Feasts
If you haven't been able to sample the amazing food offered by Tamil Feasts, you're in for a treat. Niro from Tamil Feasts will show us how to make his famous Nommmmm Carrot Curry! Not to be missed!
Week 6 - Cookies with Rachael and Ida
Kids can join in making cookies with Rachael and Ida. Rachael is one of NECCHi's resident foodies and will bake some scrumptious cookies with Ida.
- Learn to cook some amazing food from members of our community at home!
- An instruction video & recipe so you can cook along at home.
- You will need the ingredients listed in the recipe in order to follow along.
Appropriate for anyone who loves to cook. Some recipes are designed specifically for vegans/vegetarians & children.
Vendor since 2020
NECCHI IS COMMITTED TO DELIVERING BOLD INITIATIVES TO ADVANCE SOCIAL JUSTICE AND SUSTAINABILITY, AND TO MAKE THE EAST COBURG AND NEWLANDS NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSES THE BEST THEY CAN BE TO SUPPORT THEIR COMMUNITIES.
All purchases are final. NECCHi does not offer refunds for change of mind. Refunds for injury, illness or change of address may be considered but will be at the NECCHi manager’s discretion.
- Cancellations can be made via the WeTeachMe app.
- Cancellations or no-shows will forfeit their class and refunds refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations will not be accepted via phone, email or social media.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at NECCHi or organised by NECCHi must agree to these terms and conditions.
I understand and accept that:
- NECCHi endeavour to deliver activities on schedule and as advertised although this is not always possible. NECCHi activities are subject to change or cancellation without notice. NECCHi is not liable to refund, transfer or offer compensation of any kind for classes that are late, or changed.
- NECCHi is not responsible for personal property damaged as part of the activity.
- NECCHi has the right to refuse entry or participation at anytime.
- activities offered by NECCHi may be physically strenuous and there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death.
- as part of NECCHi activities, I may use equipment and using this equipment poses a risk of personal injury, property loss or death.
I understand and agree that:
- I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the activities offered by NECCHi.
- I will follow all instructions given by facilitators and NECCHi staff and I acknowledge that any failure to do so will be at my own risk and may cause injury.
- NECCHi is in no way liable for any injury, loss of property or death resulting from participation in NECCHi activities, visiting NECCHi premises, or using NECCHi property or equipment.
- neither myself, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against NECCHi, or its directors, officers, employees, consultants or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.